Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi, i've just discovered this site and am amazed that it exists and i've discovered that others feel the same as me. I've been reading all the storys and its like i'm reading about myself.

Ifeel like i'm being constantly tortured by my own mind and can't escape it. I live each day in fear of being sick, it completly rules my life. I hate being anywhere public for fearpeople having a bug that i might catch. If i know of anyonei've been around thatsbeensick i will be in a constant state ofpanick for about 3 days while i wait to have syptoms of having the same bug, in this time i will hardly eat anything as i have no appetite.

I've got two small boys- one is two and the other 6 months and i know need to get better for their sake- i don't take them to play group for fear of bugs and don't know what i'll do when they start school- if ever they are ill I completly freak out and run away from them and start shaking. I would honestly rather die than be sick.

I've had this phobia for as long as i can remember and feel lost as what to do to help myself.I feel like i've tried everything, read every self -help book on the market, had counseling, spent £600+ on hypnotherapy and am on anti-depressants ans still no better.PLEASE PLEASE help meand offer suggestions on how to help myself start living my life again.

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Welcome to the site.

Thankyou [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Welcome to the site! I'm new here too.. isn't this great that theres a place to come where everyone knows how you feel?

WELCOME !!!

Hi there!

I am a mom too (I have a nine-year-old son) and I know how terrifying it is to have children while struggling with this phobia. It's a daily battle, and some days are picture perfect and others, well....not so much.
    I wish I had some wonderful advice for you, but truthfully I'm also trying to figure out how to begin to overcome this. Hopefully you do have some sort of support system (significant other, mother, etc.) that you can lean on if needed while your going through this.
    It does seem like you've tried alot of different things to try to combat this, and it's awful that nothing seemed to work for you. There's a "Treatments" forum on this site, with alot of different suggestions on other ways to help. It's definitely worth checking out!!
    There are quite a few emet mommies on here, and alot of emet mommies-to-be, so definitely know you're not alone in this, okay??
    Hope this helps!!!

Thankyou all for your welcomes, it really great to know i have this support from everyone. My partner trys to be supportive but I think he is at the end of his thether with me and I don't blame him for that, he ends up feeling cross and frustrated with me,also there is only so much he can understand about it- if you don't live with it you just don't understand how hard it is. My mum is really great and trys to understand and i ring her up every day for a 'verbal slap' which can help me snap out of it sometimes.

Hi there!

I'm so sorry your partner isn't more supportive, but at the same time I can understand how frustrating the people near to us can feel. My husband is the same way, but he completely refuses to listen to me when I try to talk to him about this and says I'm "just being crazy". Needless to say we're not working out too well right now!! You are definitely right--if you aren't emetophobic you just don't understand what a daily struggle this is.
    It's great that your mother is there for you--mine is the same way. She is also the one to help me when my son has an sv or something, and she truly is amazing.
    Again, welcome to the site---there's alot of great people with great advice on here!!
    Take care!

Hi anna, im pretty new here too and its a great site, the support you get is amazing! i have a 2 year old son and also expecting one too, peolple keep asking me when im sending him to play group and they just dont understand why i cant, i even suggested to my partner that we dont send him school and to tutor him at home cause i cant bear him being round all those kids that might have some kinda virus!! I also spent a few hundred on hypnotherapy which didnt work, ive had coucelling and just finished seeing a pshycologist but i just seem to get worse the older i get.. Im not too bad around people who have been sick through alcohol but if its a virus then i wished i could just die, people think thats extreme but its true i just cant live with it anymore!! its just nicer to know that im not alone and i have people on this site for support. i hope it helps you too
    ****** PROBLEMS CANNOT BE SOLVED AT THE SAME LEVEL OF AWARENESS THAT CREATED THEM...... Albert Einstein

Welcome
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"