Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

does anyone else feel a huge amount of peace when they feel hungry? Its the only time of the day when i feel calm as it makes me think I must be ok as my tummy is asking for food. but if i don't feel hungry for ages i won't eat anything and get very weak and panicky

Yes, I am EXACTLY like this...and if I feel full - panic stations!

Yes! I'm like that as well! Especially at night before I go to bed--if my stomach's full, I feel very anxious and have a really hard time settling down. Lately I've been only eating one complete meal a day (dinner only) and even though it's not very healthy it helps me to be less panicky during the day when I'm working or running errands.
    I know, it's bad!! But I'd rather be starving than having a panic attack in the middle of the grocery store!

I hate being hungry but I hate being full. I get low blood sugar if I don't eat then I feel nauseous but if I feel full it freaks me out too.

Jill

Im glad i'm not the only one that feels like that. I would far rather go to bed starving than full, i know its not right but i prefere that feeling far more than being full and panicky

The only time I feel safe is when I'm hungry, When my emet was at my worst I actually went down to a very unhealthy weight as i was basically starving myself and too scared to be full. Now I'm a lot better but I still have lil panics when I'm full up.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

i would much rather be hungrey than full and like hippychick litreally starved myself when my emt was at its worst

I am totally fine panic-wise when I am hungry. Usually I try not to eat at least 6 hours before bedtime and drink lots of H2O so I will be hungry before I go to bed.

But at the same time, I am a total cranky idiot when hungry. [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img] Probably the blood sugar thing.

Plus, I am a foodie. I love food, so this emet really gets to me.

I do love my food, the fear took over for a while and all i ate were crisps and other light things. Now I'm much better and when I get REALLY hungry I get so cranky, like if I have to wait in a queue for my food I get annoyed b/c I want it now hehe.

I chew gum a lot b/c i think it makes me hungry faster, I don't even know if that's true or not and when I'm at work I prefer to feel hungry than to eat a big meal.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.