Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I'm 24 years old and in my opinion, waaaaaaaaay too young to be experiencing hot flashes, but the weirdest thing has been happening to me. A few weeks ago, I had this cold and it finally went away after a week or so. Anyway, not sure it's related or not, but I also had gotten done with my period around the time I had gotten over it (sucked...pms + a runny nose?? ugh).

So, soon after, I started experiencing something weird. I'll just be sitting around. Sometimes it's after a shower, sometimes it's after I walk to a room where I had a space heater running (as I keep the heat on low most of the time), or sometimes I'll just be sitting at work. In fact...I'm at work and it's startint to happen right now.

My cheeks start getting super warm...Almost a tingly hot feeling creeps over them and it looks like I smacked my face a few times or something. It lasts anywhere from 10-20 minutes before going away. And if I check my temperature during this period of time, it appears I'm running a slight fever, usually in the high 98s and low 99s (I usually run 96.5-97.5F). I don't really sweat or feel warm anywhere else but my face and I can't stand it. It's a bit uncomfortable. And just to note, when it happens, I'm not necessarily even having a panic attack.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this. Or if this sounds likehot flash of sorts?? I'm on birth control, nuvaring.

I also experience this. I'm now 34, but it has been going on for over a year. Now, I know my hormones are a mess. If I weren't on birth control pills, my periods would be very erratic. I don't know how long hot flashes last, but it seems like 10 to 20 minutes is a long time. Mine usually last under 5 minutes.

anyone else before this gets knocked off the page?? i feel like a freak of nature. ha ha...

Definitely not a freak of nature, but can't say I've had one that lasted more than a minute or so.

Does this happen when you have gone a while without eating? Does eating something help? I am also 24 and a few times I have had similar "hot flashes". But when I have them, I sweat. But if I eat something, it goes away. It has to do with a drop in your blood sugar. It has only happened to me a few times. And sometimes I can go all day without eating and not get a hot flash.

I suppose it could also be hormonal. Is the nuvaring birth control new to you? Maybe you are having a reaction to it.

Also, maybe it is a type of manifestation of anxiety. Maybe you dont have a full panic attack, but it is just from general anxiety.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.