Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: NASCAR Anyone?

Okay I don't watch Nascar and I'm not trying to diss anyone who does but I have a question for the people who ARE watching.

What's the point? I mean is anyone really sitting around watching them and saying "Oh wow it's amazing how they continually move around the track....Oh YAY they completed another LAP!"

I'm sorry but I just don't see the appeal in it, and I was wondering if anyone else did. My friend's girlfriend said that she watches it and chewwed me out when I said that I don't get it. She said that it's very hard to control a car at those speeds and that it IS amazing when they make a lap without crashing or whatever, I wasn't really paying attention cause when people yell at me I tune out.

Anyway.....why is this even considered a sport? Any fat ass can drive a car in a circle, I really don't see the point.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Hehe, I feel the same aboutenglish football, mainly because of how much they get paid and I just yell at the screen "You're kicking a little ball! A monkey could do this!"

P.S The whole zoning out when people disaggree with you thing, that seems unfair to me, people have points of view.

NO I don't zone out when people are expressing opinions, I zone out when people are YELLING at me....two different things. If you can express your opinion to me NICELY then I will listen, just don't yell in my ear. Also, American Football is STUPID as ALL HELL! I HATE IT! Very homo-erotic if you ask me. LoL!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Hi there!!

Monica, I have to agree with you on the Nascar thing.....I watched a behind the scenes thing on it awhile back and was horrified at the way some of the fans were acting. Very chauvinistic, ignorant, racist and even bigoted at times. I apologize in advance if I've offended anyone!! Still, I was offended by the show--the fans they interviewed were stuck in the Dark Ages. Talking about women like we are only objects and making racist comments and jokes. I guess that's why I'm kind of biased towards Nascar--I refuse to support anything so intolerant of others. I know it's kind of a general statement, and not all fans are like that, but that show was horrible. My husband watches it (that and Formula One) and I cannot see the attraction at all. I mean, isn't it kind of boring?? And it lasts forever!!
    However, your friend should've yelled at you when you expressed your opinion--after all, we're all intitled to it!!