Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

So last night we are all sitting in the living area bout to watch a film and my flat mate suddenly goes "Im goin to v*" and runs for the bathroom. I was like oh crap!!! She v* once more after that but on the whole i think i handled it pretty well, i didnt go through to the bathroom but i got her some water and kept an eye on her. She fell asleep while we watched the film afterwards but later on seemed fine and she is fine today. The reason im freaking is because all though id been away for the weekend and only got back yesterday we had a lot of close contact, hugging, she ate off my spoon which i then ate off [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]etc.So im really worrying that if she had something im going to get it.

However she is not a huge meat eater and yesterday another flatmate made her a roast dinner she found it really difficult to eat (she showed me the meat after, i dont mind medium rare beef but this was disgusting, like not cooked in the middle at all). So im thinking maybe this caused it? She hasnt eaten roast beef for years and then she kind of forced this down so could this make her sick? Like maybe just wouldnt sit in her stomach right? She was feeling very nauseous when she came in from mass (she had the beef at lunchtime) but she thought it was hunger so she ate a huge plate of spaghetti on toast. Aaagh i don't know! What freaked me out was how quickly it all happened, one second she was laughing, the next second running for the bathroom!

So what do you think guys? Im proud of myself for only having a mini panic and being able to rationalise the thing. After a while i didnt mind sitting next top her and cuddling up etc so i think thats a triumph? That the v* wasnt all i was thinking about?

Katy xxx
    *katy*
    I have removed my myspace address because of our little \"invasion\" but if you want to add me just send a pm
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

well done .. sounds like you handled it very well xx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

First of all Katy - well done!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Sounds like you really handled it well. Good on you for sticking around and comforting her. You're right, its a definite triumph - not every emet would be able to do what you did. It was very brave of you to put your own feelings aside, for her sake.

I would bet on it being the roast beef. It would have been about 6 hours after she ate it, right? If it was going to disagree with her, she would have known 6 hours later...and it seems like she did! It was probably too rich for her. Her stomach was probably still trying to recover from the shock when she had the spaghetti for dinner- that's probably what triggered it. I personally would never be able to eat rare meat...I know its supposed to be safe and all, but I just can't convince myself.

Anyway, it doesn't sound like anything contagious. You'll be fine, Katy ^__^

Again, well done!
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

My sister went vegiterian for a long time..when she started eating
    meat...it made her sick, every time...because your body doesnt know how
    to digest it. It happens with anything that you restrict from your diet
    and then down the line incorrprite. It was probably just the food. I
    wouldn't worry, especially since it only happened twice,and no d* or
    n*. Did she v* then drink water? Cuz that would make her v* again. I
    hope your still okay
    I love Sam

Hey thanks for the replies! She still seems fine, just says her stomach's a little gurgly. I think she did drink some water inbetween ruby, and then after the second time she drank a glass of milk because she saidit would stop it happening again- has anyone ever heard of this working? She wasn't sick after so maybe it did? I forgot to mention this earlier but the film we watched, 40yr old virgin, had a vomit scene in it, but luckily one of the guys mentioned it so i had a heads up. It's when he's in the car withthe drunk girl driving and i think she actually vomited into his mouth eeewww!! So watch out for that! Weirldy tho, everyone was making retching and vomiting sounds afterwards as a joke and it didnt freak me out, i just laughed along...Thanks again x x
    *katy*
    I have removed my myspace address because of our little \"invasion\" but if you want to add me just send a pm

Well done for handling it so well! I too would say it was the meat she ate, so you have nothing to worry about )
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I agree, it sounds like the meat that did it to her. You did a great job of staying calm! As for the milk, I think if it is a sv, it is reccomended that milk is avoided, as it is difficult to digest when you have an sv, but in cases of fp, I'm not sure. I think that the fact that she was able to keep a glass of milk down shortly after v* is a good sign that it was NOT sv.

Hi there!!!

Great job.... [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] .....you handled yourself so well!! Be proud!!
    Sounds like it was the roast beef, especially if her tummy was not used to anything like that.
    I agree with Daffodil about the milk thing too--if it was an sv* drinking the milk would have made things much worse, not better and she more than likely would've v*ed again. The only time I hear of people feeling better after drinking milk when their tummy is upset is people with ulcers and so forth.
    Easier said than done, I know, but try not to worry about it. You'll be fine!!!

The last time I was sick I mixed a glass of whole milk with white wine and I think that mixture ended up making me horribly ill. I didn't touch milk for about a week...the only thing I've heard of it doing is that if you have heartburn it's supposed to help it go away, but I've never heard of milk stopping you from v*.

i've never heard of milk stopping u from v*ing. i kno apples arent good
    at all to eat when ur sick. the acidity will cause more
    problems......not that that has ANYTHING WHATSOEVER to do with milk.
    And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
    Anais Nin

Actually if you are V* for any reason then you should avoid ingesting anything, she probably V* a second time because she had the water in between times. I'm amazed the milk didn't make her V* again because I've only ever heard of dairy upsetting your stomach during any kind of V* attack. It probably was the meat, I'm a vegetarian and have been for 3 years now and if I do happen to eat meat I get D* the next day.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Wow, good job! You should be very proud of yourself. I would have plugged my ears and ran for the door. I agree with everyone, I bet it was the fact that she ate meat that made her sick. There was probably nothing wrong with the meat and she probably doesn't have a sv*. "Spaghetti on toast".....I thought that could make anyone feel ill. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

Hey thanks for all the replies everyone! She is 100% fine now so i really think it must have been the beef. I agree with the milk comments, i really dont think it would help but its weird what little remedies people have isnt it?! Thank again, the reassurance was much appreciated! x x

ps happy halloween!
    *katy*

Well done for handling it, and like everyone else, it sounds like the meat. I remember when i only ate 4 biscuits in a day, then when i started eating just toast or anything, my stomach could not digest it, which made me v*, but well done! for handling it so well!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]