Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

For some reason I have not wanted to go to bed. It's weird. I feel fine, but I have this nagging little voice saying, "If you go to bed, you could wake up with an sv! At least if you are awake, you'll see it coming!". I am terrified to go to sleep though I am dead tired because I am afraid I'll wake up ill.

Has anyone else ever had that feeling or sort of a premonition that they ought to stay awake or am I just going mad?

Oh, I am like this almost every night...and if I'm not worrying about myself, I'm worrying about one of the kids! I think if you feel fine, then you're safe to sleep. What time is it there?

Almost 6am in Cali. I used to work until 3 or 4am, so I am used to being up, but usually by now I am ready for bed. My tummy hurts a bit and there is an sv going around, so I am trying to stay up.

I really know how you feel, and I wish there was something I could do to reassure you. I really think it's unlikely you are ill, these things hit suddenly, and it's probably your anxiety which is making you feel a bit iffy. Try and watch tv or something for half an hour and see if it takes your mind off things.

I know how you feel. when i was younger I was afraid to fall asleep after I woke up in the middle of the night and v* (i was really young) this went on for years...I was afraid to fall asleep so I would read books with a liitle book light on the floor on my mom's side of the bed....my brother did it too...he's not emet though...lucky
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

I feel this SAME way!!!! I posted something similar this the other day...It seems like so many of them come at night...I thank God when I wake up healthy and so does everyone else!

i go through the same thing every night. actually im going through it now 2. my phobia always seems to get way way way worse at night time 2. and with the days being shorter it really sux. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]but dont worry we all go through it and we all feel your pain. just relax and try and get some sleep!you'll feel better in the morning.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    visit me here
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.