Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Sick at work

My husband goes into work 3 days a week and he went in today to drop off some paperwork, when he noticed his partner was not there. The receptionist told him that he left work yesterday because he v'd in his office bathroom. He was laying on the floor and couldn't even move, so his wife had to come get him. My husband was in there for 10 minutes today and said he didn't touch ANYTHING. The 3 girls that were they yesterday were all there today. My husband is fully aware of my phobia and said he immediately put hand sanitizer on in the car when he left... Now i'm getting anxious...thoughts???

Everything happens for a reason...

I am sure your husband will be fine. He didn't touch anything and wasn't there yesterday when he was sick. Try not to worry!

I am sure you have nothing to worry about. Try not to get too anxious. I know easier said and done! Remember these viruses are not airborne, and he wasn't in direct contact with the guy. You'll be fine!!

He might not have even had the virus too. While it is all together possible that a norovirus would have laid him out, it could have been another condition.

I bet he had food poisoning, if it was that severe and there was no warning (this is what it sounds like.) Relax and feel better

my vote on this one would be food poisoning it is the only thing that can lay someone out like that so dont stress im sure your husband will be ok just try to relax and feel better