Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: scared!!!

I have to leave in thirty minutes for an appointment and here I am scared to death. I was feeling fine all day and was putting on make up and my head felt funny for a second. Then came the weird feelings in my chest. And now I feel like I did for the past two days. I have that panic feeling. I don't know if its a panic attack or not. I didn't eat much yesterday--about eight crackers, two brownies and four chicken nuggets, so maybe my blood sugar is low. I took a few sips of soda but I still have that panic feeling I get. And of course the crapper is kicking in. I hate having to hold crap while I'm at an appointment. Is this panic? Or is there something wrong with my head--like a tumor or something? I'm SO scared. What if I pass out? Or worse yet, what if I v?
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

Grrr. I got chills too. What if I'm getting sick? I'm so shaky. My chest feels heavy. My legs feel week. My head feels weird too. Breathing really heavy. And I'm so scared....what is happening to me? Right before a freaking appointment too!!!!!!
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

This sounds to me like a panic attack - or certainly the symptoms of panic. I'm sure that its not helped that you didnt eat that much yesterday.

Take a few deep breaths. Have a think about whats really wrong with you, whats panic and whats not. It would be a shame for you to miss your appointment - just because of this stupid phobia. Dont give in - fight this thing

Sounds like a panic attack to me. You won't pass out and you will not v - I promise you that![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I've had a really crappy day myself and I was sure that I was gonna get sick...nothing happened! Remember it's in your head and that you'll be fine.

Good luck and take care![img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]