Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I feel hungry, but whenever i go to eat something, i feel like i'm gonna v*

i haven't had anything today, and hardly anything yesterday!

I think it's nerves.... as there's a guyi really like at my college, and he likes me too, and we're kinda going out on a 'date' 2moro.... and i always feel nervous around him, but yet so comfortable... i don't understand [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

He's really nice to me... as he's just so luvable! hehe [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Sounds like nerves to me, coupled with hunger. If you let your blood sugar get too low, by not eating, you end up feeling ill. Get yourself a simple snack (crackers, crisps, etc) that you can eat with one hand and without concentrating, then sit and do something else, like watching TV, reading, anything, and nibble without giving it much thought. Once you get some food into you, you'll feel properly hungry and able to eat again. As for this boy - you feel nervous and confomfortable around him because you like him - it's a natural reaction to attraction, and it will pass - just enjoy your time with him. None emets refer to butterflies in the stomach when they see someone they like - that's exactly what you are feeling, but being an emet you don't see it as necessarily pleasurable.

Best wishes, Jill xxx

yeh..... my stomach is a bit f****d up at the moment! haha [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I dunno why i'm feel so nervous..... i really like him! and i know he likes me [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hey, Louise

Read my quote. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    It\'s all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

good one sweetfreak =)

Louise, you need something to settle ur stomach. just try a cracker or smthing. sumthing light but will line ur stomach. it will make u feel less nauseous and might even get those butterflies into formation!!

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I've had a rough couple days myself with eating. I've just started a medication so I really don't have an appetite or maybe I'm just too scared to eat since v-ing is a side effect of my medication.Whenever I eatI feel sick to my stomach. But as the others have said above, you need to eat. Not eating can make you feel very yucky. Try some soup or crackers. Maybe some toast. Hope you feel better.
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

Yeh...... i try to force myself to eat, but my mouth just feel dry, and it feels like i'm full up all the time

Anyone know any ways to RELAX????? feeling nervous is worse than a panic attack.... well at the moment it is [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

do you have ne calm relaxing musc Louise? not necessarily classical, but something with no words and no up=beat or nething.

try listening to that and laying down on the sofa. then tense every muscle in ur body from ur feet upwards simulataneously and release.

doing that makes sure all ur muscles are not tensed up. then just lay down and relax like that for a while.

try not to think about the fact u have to eat, or the fact u feel ill or whatever. think of NOTHING if u can. if u can't, try the trick of sitting in ur favourite place and watching tjhe birds flyiong overhead or smthing.

when ur nice and relaxed. just try and nibble something little. after a mouthfull u may hav to repeat it all over again. but u will get thru it eventually.

Jen xxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I had come to my worst 3 years ago where I went 5 days without eating, and you know us emets, I thought I was going to die, I didn't want to be brought to the hospital, so the pressure of that was making everything so much worse, my amazing friend was there to help me thru it, she told me I didn't have to eat alot to start off, so she made me make myself a cup a soup and take sips of the broth every half hour, that I could handle! Once the salt of the soup started filling me up again I was slowly able to start eating again, when I say slowly I mean slowly, I lost 15 lbs in a matter of 2-3 weeks, but now I'm eating like a pig and hating it!!!

lol [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]i havent eaten for about 2 days now... except for some popcorn! and a few bits of my meal last night [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

Louise - you def gotta eat something before u go out or u are only gonna make urself feel worse. try something dry - toast or crackers.

i do yoga to relax...try to concentrate on breathing very deeply. this def helps me get a grip sometimes.

I guess youve already been on ur date now...? how'd it go?! have u eaten?

i never had anything to eat while i was out [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]Sorry! i was just too nervous to eat anything.... apart from popcorn [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

But i've jsut had a big yummy sandwhich...... but i feel a bit sick now actually [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Louise - well at least u have eaten something. You dont feel sick - why would u - it will just be coz u havent eaten for two days. god i feel sick if i dont eat for a few hours! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

hope ur date went well!

oh yeh.... it went well [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]He even paid for my cinema ticket... the stoopid idiot [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

i reallyyyy don't know why i am so nervous [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]Will i ever be NOT nervous? [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

u wil be not nervous one day Louise.

it does get easier.

Jen xxx

MSN: