Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Tuna......

Ok Guys, I need your help and honesty.....

I want to try to lose some weight and eat healthier, and well tuna is one of the best ways to go but I heard that someone got sick from it.....How many of you here have been sick from it and how bad was it??????

Please help me to either eat it or not, either way its ok for me, I just want the truth!!!!!

Thanks!

Hi there

I think one way to safely eat tuna is straight from a can. Just make sure it's a good quality one, well in date and has no dents in the metal and it will be fine. There is nothing 'in' tuna to make you v*.

From a long term health point of view they do say more than 3 portions a week it too much because of possible mercury deposits.

Hope this helps

Gemma

I eat the packaged tuna. I think it's called "Tuna Sensations" or something like that, and they come in different flavors. I eat tuna a lot and have never been sick. My husband eats it everyday for one sourse of protein. Just check the date on the can or package. Make sure to stick the packaged ones in the fridge after you open it.[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Tuna is safe from a can definitely. I always used canned tuna to make my sandwiches and ive never had problems eating tuna! plus the good thing about canned tuna is that it takes ages to go off. Ive got a can in my cupboard at the moment with a go off date of Jan 2007!Edited by: party_boi3423
    ISAIAH 41:10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hmm personally I don't eat fish, so trust these guys!

LOL Thanks Laura!

Lol no problem!

Dont eat more than one serving of tuna a week or you could get mercury poisening :/
    <a href=\"
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

My brother eats tuna everyday with a salad, he's still doing good!!!!

Also to those of you who told me to check the date on the cans, I went to the grocery store tonight and could not find a date on any of them, I'm coming to live with you guys!!!!!

i eat tuna from a can a lot of the time. as u say, its a good protein source when u want to eat healthily. i have never got sick from it, and NEVER have heard of neone doing so.

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

You see I actually read it on here that someone got food poisoning from tuna..........And I've heard fish is the worst thing to get sick off of.......

Tinned tuna is great! Yum lol. People can get sick from any food though in theory cant they? As long as the tuna is in date then its ok. I never leave opened stuff in the fride for more than 24hrs anyway just to be safe... but eat the tuna, its sooo nice lol! Tuna, mayonnaise, pasta, cucumber, eat it cold and its really tasty lol.... k thats enough recipes lol

Sarah xxx
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

I think I was the one who maybe worried you, because I got sick from it once....however it was a sandwich prepared by my school...and I think it was the mayo...also my school left this tuna/mayo sandwich out of the fridge all day near hot food. I was dumb to eat it but I did. I really and truely think it was the mayo, it might have even been a bug for all I know. i ate tuna ten billion more times after that and never ever got ill again.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

ive eaten tuna and never got sick - and i know NO ONE who has got sick from Tuna. I think Louise is right ref the Tuna sandwhich - def will have been the mayo - or just coz it was left out of the fridge.

I have never gotten sick from any food I have eaten, including tuna. So it sounds good to me.
    It\'s all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

awww, you guys, thanks so much!

Hippychick, I feel better now!!! Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Well I guess I will start my salad and tuna diet now[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I have 7 lbs to lose by the 10th of October, gives me about 3 weeks! I hope I can do it, I will let you know then if I made it or how far I made it!!!!!

Thanks again for all the great responses!