Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: was it better than with food?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

7 33.33%
  • no

14 66.67%

I PUKED YESTERDAY
    AS SOON AS I GOT INTO MY BUDDY'S CAR I STARED TO
    FEEL VERY NASEOUS.. BUT AS ALWAYS I THOUGHT IT
    WAS ANXIETY OR THE FACT THAT I GOT AN EMPTY
    STOMACH .
    BUT AS SOON AS I GOT OUT BESIDE M HOUSE I STARTED
    GAGGING AND IT WAS HORRIBLE
    I STARTED RRUNNING PANICKING AND JUST ACID CAME
    OUT NOT EVEN A HANDFUL BUT I KEPT ON GAGGIN!
    IT WAS ALL BECAUSE OF THE POT SMELL IN THE CAR I
    CAN'T HANDLE IT NO MATTER HOW MNAY PEOPLE SAY
    THAT ITS ALL IN MY HEAD
    I PROVED THEM WRONG YESTERDAY NIGHT
    I HATE WEED AND ITS DUMB NO OFFENSE TO THE
    SMOKERS!
    UGHH ILL NEVER EAT OUTSIDE EVER!
    I CAN IMAGINE HOW TERRIFIED AND PARANOID I WOULD
    BE NOW IF I HAD VOMITED WITH FRIED OR CHICKEN
    WINGS.. CAUSE WE WERE COMING BACK FROM A BAR..
    PHEW THANK GOD!

Sorry to hear you were sick. I have gotten sick on an empty stomac. I had an operation and was really ill from the medication they gave me.

NOT FUN.
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

i have never Vomited on an empty stomach. the only time i can ever remember getting sick ( ive gotten sick maybe 3 times in my whole 22 years of life) was when i was about 8 years old and my mom made me take something to lower my fever ( I had influenza) and I threw it up.

So no, I've never vomited with nothing in my stomach.

~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Aw bless ya [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I can't actually remember V* on an empty stomach, ebcause i'm usually sick when i've just eaten too much [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

i dont think im ever v*ed on an empty stomach. i only remmber v*ing after eating a meal...

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

to be honest, if that had happened to me, i dont know what i would do. even thinkin about being sick sumwer other than my house, i want to cry!!! being sick in my house is terrifying enough! for me the worst bit about bein sick is gagging, an if that had happened to me i dont know what i would do, it would be confirming my ultimate fear if that happened. i dont know...you are very brave.
    xxx [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I never have. I've felt sick from not eating though.[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

I wishI could participate in topics like this but I'm always scared to because I'm a jinx.
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

Well, I never have on an empty stomach. I get this "safety thing" that I feel like if Im hungry Im safe. I know that sounds nuts, but Ive felt like that ever since I was little. Like if I felt sick or nauseas from being hungry on an empty stomach, then it was okay, because I knew what it was from, like a safe nausea if that makes any sense. I guess it feels "safe" because I assume that if nothing is in my stomach then nothing can come out.

Yikes Im sorry you went through that Hanarky!! That must have been traumatic. Man, well you made it though, and you know it was only due to the weed smell, not from a virus or anything like that.

I have that safe feeling too, where if I feel hungry, I know I'm okay. So you're not alone.

Although I don't smoke it, I actually love the smell of weed, lol. I look forward to when my pot-head sister and her husband come over, because they always light up a bowl. Sorry, that probably doesn't help. I'm very sorry you had to go through that. My husband v* once on an empty stomach when he ran as fast as he could up a flight of stairs, so he wouldn't miss a plane. I guess he overdid it or something, so it IS possible. I dry heaved once on an empty stomach, but nothing ever came up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Whether or not you v* on an empty stomach is really down to what's caused it - if you have a virus, you could do it on an empty stomach (I did as a child with a nasty virus, my partner did with an inner-ear infection), a reaction to drugs (over the counter, prescription or illegal!) can make you do it, as can motion sickness. If it's any consellation, Hanarky. weed is well known to make a lot of people sick - you are not alone there, by any means.

Best wishes, Jill xxx

I've never been sick on an empty stomach. I always think that if your stomach is empty you can't be sick - obviously not the case. Edited by: Scattycat
    Nikki

When I was 10 or 11, I fell off my bike on the way to school and hit my head..It didnt even hurt but I guess it was enough for a concussion. Long story short, I ended up throwing up twice that morning after I went home, and after I had been to the doctor. It was on an empty stomach. Of course, it didn't bother me a bit because I was 11 and wasn't such a sissy back then...I was eating pizza 5 hours later and having a great day off school.

I think it would be more rare to do that though...You'd have to get a concussion, or motion sickness, or smell something really bad...if its a virus I think it's rare that you would throw up if there's nothing in there, what would be the point?

But I think it's much harder to throw up with nothing in there. You might gag a lot, but to really bring a bunch of stuff up, it's much harder if you're empty. In a way it might be easier if you HAD to throw up, if there was stuff in the stomach, then you just bring it up, and its gone, rather than gagging so much.
    what a horrible night to have a curse.

it is so much worse on an empty stomach cos just acid comes up (well bile actually!) and it burns so badly!
    i remember when i was at a really bad stage last year when i had panic attacs every day i didnt eat for a week cos i was scared that i would be sick when i heaved in a bad attack and when i did heave i wished i had something to come out cos it hurt so much! sorry for the gory details! now i panic more if i feel sick and havent eaten! xx

I'm confused....someone (Jill maybe?) said that pot often makes people sick...I thought they gave it to people who are going through chemo to help the nausea? Am I crazy?

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Harmonygirl- I also heard weed is given to cancer patients but I didn't know it was for nausea. Very interesting.
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

Pot does get rid of nausea..

Maybe it was just the smell? Sometimes a bad smell can make you gag.
    what a horrible night to have a curse.

It's weird because some people feel great after smoking pot, and it does have medicinal purposes for relieving nausea in cancer patients. But other people react negatively from it and get sick. I guess it depends on the person. Just like with anesthesia, some people throw up for days after the surgery, while others (like most emets) don't even feel a twinge of nausea. Weird, isn't it?

Well ive never v* on an empty stomach... but i can imagine its probably worse, but your stomach is never really 'empty' even if u didnt eat for a week you would still have bile and gastric juices in there as always. But thats very acidic and is bound to hurt if it came up. Well done for gettin through it!!

sarah xxx
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

never on an empty stomach.I have always vomited and associated it with food or recently - alcohol.

god i wanna now tho...grrr i feel so dizzy and sick. i just wanna curl up and die

GALADRIEL YOU ARE NOT WEIRD!!
    I NEVER EAT OUTSIDE MY HOUSE AND HWNWEVER MY TOMACH HURSTS
    FROM HUNGER I APPLAUD!! AND CHEER!
    I LOVE BEING HUNGRY CAUSE THEN I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT AND I
    WONT PUKE IN A BAD WAY.. BUT AS I FOUND OUT U CAN STILL TRHOW UP
    WHEN THERES NOTHING IN YOUR STOMACH.. I GOT CARSICK AND VERY
    SENSITIVEET TO THE SMELL OF MARIJUANA BECAUSE USUALLY WHEN A
    PERSON IS HUNGRY THEY GET SICK FROM SMELLS.. THATS WHAT
    HAPPENNED.
    BUT YEAH ANYHOW I STILL DON'T EAT 6 HOURS PRIOR TO GOING OUT SO
    EVERYTHING WOULD BE DIGESTED BY THE TIME I GET INTO A NERVOUS
    OR PANICKY SITUATION...