Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

For those of you who don't know yet, I left my wife and moved in to a home my father owns, upon retiring my father purchased a lot of homes and rents them out. I tried my best, but we argued, and had a great deal of problems. But trust me I'm fine, and I give myself the nod for attempting to save what I had, but I am sure now that it can't be done.

Anyway....... This is a really nice little two bedroom home, and for those that have been keeping up, the last two days have been icky on me...(Sick), yesterday morning I opened a drawer in my new home only to see a small mouse scurry off. I was angry at first, cause the last thing I need right now is a roomie. So I went to go buy mouse traps yesterday evening. The little hardware store I went too, had these little glue traps, the mouse runs on it, and gets stuck, they didn't have the old fashion, WHACK kind.

Whenever I come off an illness, I feel better than I can remember, I am just giddy that it's over. (I'm sure a lot of us get that way.) So around 11 PM last night I am just rolling, I am baking a pizza, listening to music, and amusing myself, when I check behind the microwave cause I heard a noise, and low and behold I have caught a VERY SMALL, gray, mouse in my trap.

I go and get a shoe box, and push the trap with the lid in to the box, and this little mouse, I swear is looking right at me. It's mortified. I stare at it for a second, and close the lid to the show box, and go outside. Walk across the road, to the small field across from my home, and dump the trap there, with Uga in tow. (Uga is my female Bulldog.) By the street light, I can see that this little fellow is on there good, he would die on this thing, he'd never get off.

So I start back across the street, cause man I am really craving that pizza, when BAM it hits me, man that little guy is scared to death, and I am dead serious the first thing that flew through my mind was, Laura, Mary, Ally, Sarah, Hannah, Chris, Vicky, all of em, including my son, would think that is a pretty sh***y thing to do, just let the scared little fellow die like that. A Snake would get him for sure. So I walk back over and try to use the shoe box to get him off the trap. No dice.

I go back in the house, turn off my oven, and dig in the trash for the package to the glue traps, till I get to it, turn it over, and see how to counter act the glue, I go back outside with vegetable oil and a cup ofice cold water, and spend 15 minutes or sopouring it onhim to get him off that thing. So finally he bolts, and when I stand up, I turn and there is 2 of the 5 nice college girls whorent the housenext door.

"Whatch'a doing Stephen?" The first one asks me, her name is Janet.

"Nothing....ummm I had caught a mouse."

Now keep in mind I am standing out here in shorts, with a bottle of vegetable oil in one hand, and a coffee cup in the other.

"You drown him in Crisco?" The second one asks me, her name is and I kid you not, Bambi.

Now at this point I should have lied, I lent a coffee cup, and some oil to a neighbor and was getting it back, I had left these things in the car during the move and needed to get them. I was oiling myself up, and gonna run down the street naked, anything, but instead I say....

"Oh no, he was stuck on the glue trap, he was a little thing, he would have died out here, stuck to it, and the only way to get him off was cold water and vegetable oil."

They look at each other, smiling, and I am thinking OH MY GOD, I look like a moron. They are gonna call me things like Ranger Steve, and stuff like that.

"Well thats awful sweet of you, we were just wondering what you were doing across the road, hunched over, Bambi thought you had lost your mind." Janet said.

I had met all of them the day I moved in, during my illness, Bambi even brought over some chicken.

Hello:

I'm glad you are feeling better. You must feel relieved. That story you told was very cute. I'm glad you saved the little mouse. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

That's a great story! My sister bought those mousetraps once and then we freaked out, too, when we saw how they worked. Instead, she went out and got a big ol' alley cat - now dying from a cat is probably just as bad, but it seemed more "circle-of-life-ish" for us...
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm glad you saved the mouse!! Thanks for telling that story and reminding me that there are people that care about all of God's creatures. You made my day!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

aww what a story!!

glad to hear ur still feeling ok big hearted man =P

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

It is always nice to read a good story. I know what it is like to try and work things out (thank goodness I wasn't married to him yet) and the relief was phenominal in fact my emet, depression, anxiety all eased up a lot.
    the mouse I am sure totally appreciated it and will no doubt stay on that side of the road. We always had a cat (still kind of mean) but at least it wasn't just pointless death and the cat got a nice full belly.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Thats a cool story! When we had a mouse, the mousetrap had actually gone so fast that it had decapitated the mouse lol. Its good that you've saved the mouse though sorry to gross anyone out there! Its good to see your getting back on your feet! Talk to you soon!

ISAIAH 41:10

Way to go stephen!!!!

But did I miss the part where you are now living on your own???? Last I read, she did the unthinkable with a snake!

Well now you've got bambi!!!!!!LOLOL [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Well I just couldn't kill it, or leave it out there to die, the problems at home, just worsened, we were fighting all the time, and I understood that, we were gonna be this way from now on, and the best thing to do was say OK I TRIED. I'm not looking for a relationship with Bambi, she's a sweet little lady, but to me they are 18 year old little kids that party too much...

I'm sooo glad you let that mouse go - I know they're vermin but the still deserve to live!</font>
    Nikki

Bambi isn't such an odd name. I actually have a friend named Bambi. I met her in 8th grade but haven't had much contact with her since I've been homeschooled since 9th grade. LastI talked to her was a few months ago.

Glad yournight went well andTHANK YOU for setting that mouse free. That made me happy.
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>