Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey guys. I really need your thoughts and prayers. I am a recovering alcoholic, and after a 6 month relapse, I have finally quit drinking again. I have had seven days of sobriety now, but the detox period is horrible. I find that I'm extremely tired all the time--I sleep for over 12 hours a day. I am weak, irritable, and feeling generally crappy. I have had a few bouts of bad nausea, and last night I had to leave an AA meeting early, because I had bad diarrhea and felt like I was going to throw up. I am trying to go to 90 meetings in 90 days, as the program suggests, and I'm very very serious about maintaining my sobriety this time, and will go to any lengths to remain sober. But I feel pretty wretched and don't know if I can handle the daily meetings. I don't know what to do. Please pray that I'll feel better soon. [img]smileys/smilies_25.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Good Luck to you, hope you do very well with this. Remember that you have to feel crappy and it sucks, but you will get over it, YOU WILL DO IT!

GOOD LUCK! <3

keep us updated!
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

Hey there, it sure sounds tough, but im sure its worth it in the long run. I know words like that dont really help. I guess all i can say is im here to talk to anytime, im online throughout the day, every day! (i have no life lol) I think ur doing great, and as for the meetings, make the effort to go and if u have to leave before the end, thats not so bad is it? At least u went! Ur showing ur commitment. Just remember that u can leave any time u want, then u wont feel trapped! Good luck, im thinking of u xxx

Sarah xxx
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

you can do this, you can! just keep telling yourself that, and you will come out the other side a happier and stronger person for going thru with it, even tho it is very tough, u'll get there, just keep goin until u do )
    xxxx

Hey girl Im proud of you for giving sobriety another go!

You are an amazingly strong woman and you can do this...

Stick to that 90 meetings in 90 days..it will do wonders for you in the long run. you will have the support of the group to keep you clean..and you will be forced to face life each day head on. If you make yourself go not only will you beat the alcohol..but you may work on your emet as well..facing your fears ...

good luck!!!
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks