Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

When I started at my school I wasn't exactly super popular but I had a pretty big group of friends but recently my emet and therefore my anxiety levels have increased bigtime. When I get anxious it makes me snap at people and one by one I'm losing each of my friends because I end up offending them without meaning to. Now I'm friends with these 3 girls who all hang out together but now Emily (if you don't know the story of Emily just know that she is a cow) has started hanging out wit them too and is slowly pushing me out of the picture. I don't know what I should do does anyone have any advice?

Hannah, you don't mean to be snappy or overly anxious, and if your friends are aware of the situation, they should be a bit more sympathetic.
    I know it sucks for them, because they wouldn't want to see a friend having a miserable time over something they might consider to be normal!
    If you're really agonising over this, I would suggest that you phone them individually and just..apologise ( if you think you should ) for unintentionally snapping at them.
    It isn't fair that you're being pushed out of the picture, but you could try making conversation with this Emily, and try and find a common ground.
    At the end of the day, they're your friends, and if they listen to you, and still don't appriciate your efforts, then don't spend too much time getting upset over them.
    gud luck!

Thanks Jazzie. I will try that.

no problem!

Why is this in questions and answers you ask? I don't know...

Hannah -- friends can be the most difficult people sumtimes.

cos i got quite bad depression -- a lot ofmy "friends" started acting a bit strange with me -- avoiding me e.t.c i think they just didnt know what to do/say.. which is understandable.

i wish i had some proper solid advice -- but its so unpredictable all u can do is try and not get phased by it. just keep being urself, and not get too hurt if they decide to ignore you one day -- its their loss.

i always remind people that you'll very unlikely to keep in touch with ur school mates - so its not deathly important that u find really close friends at this time.

Jennxxxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

tell them y u have been doing it and if they laugh at you or call you names then there not proper friends a proer friend will stick by u and put up with u if ure snapping at them and accept ure apology!
    elizabeth jones