Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I just joined (sort of), but I've noticed that the majority of the Emets here are female. Just wondering how many are guys, or am I all alone [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]. Also for the guys, if you have problems maintaining weight because of Emet. I'm 5'8" and only 105lbs..kinda embarrassing.[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

Well I guess I should tell my story as quick as possible. I've had Emet since the 5th grade and basically I haven't eaten a bite of food before or during school since than. I go to a community college right now (only because it's close to home), I start university next summer and I'm scared senseless (due to me having to move out). I work with a bank inside a grocery store and it's not the best place to work as an emet. Up until two days ago I've had no panic attacks at work, but now I'm afraid to go back in on Monday because I had to come home early today. The meds I take are Remeron and Xanax (when needed). If anyone knows any better meds, please tell, because my meds are not working very well. Thanks..and by the way to all the females here is my number [img]smileys/smilies_08.gif[/img]Just kiddingEdited by: r311dude
    AIM - r311dude (don\'t be shy, I love to chat)

lol - welcome to our family. im female - but i do know of some guys here! i'll leave it up to them to introduce themselves =) just wanna say that as a female ive had troubles before with my weight being so low due to emet -- so ur not alone in that one.

i dont tke any anti-anxiety tablets for my phobia -- but i do take anti-depressants, citalopram, which hav helped me loads. good luck with work on monday -- im in my last year of school -- and finding it hard at times as well.

Jen xxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Eye yamuh guy. I can only think of one other, but then I haven't been here that long.
    Hard Normal Daddy

I am a female but there are other guys here. I think you
    will enjoy speaking with Stephen, he is very nice and also an emet and
    I think he can help you out.

Miriam

</font>

I'm female....

Your weigh kinda shocked me. You're male, an inch taller than me and you weigh 5lbs less than I do. Hope you're okay. There are a couple guys on here and tons of wonderful ladies. You'll find tons of support here. Welcome.
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

I'm a guy.

Also the xanax is going to be the best you can get as far as
    anti-anxiety RX. Just try not to take it too often because it
    will effectively cancel out the remeron.

Dan

It's nice to know there are guys out there...I'm a girl however, but
    my guy friends NEVER understand...I've found that it's hard for guys
    to accept it. Makes for a real hard time findin a boyfriend. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Let me check............ No thats a roll of quarters............ No thats my gum..... Yea there it is......

I'm a guy.....

Welcome, and remember you have joined a family, this group helped me through so much........ my msn messenger is [email protected], if you have a spell or just feel like screaming at me, (I'm a big boy I can take it. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]) I am here when you need me. Just yell.

And MBS thank you for the kind words......

Stephen

You are more than welcome Stephen and you have a quirky sense of humor </font>

Quote Originally Posted by beknasty
    Makes for a real hard time findin a boyfriend. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

HAH you try telling a girl that you're emet..they just kinda look at you funny [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

I find the opposite dude. They're all like "aww you poor thing" and the next thing I know they're all over me...

[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

*ahem*
    Hard Normal Daddy

Im a guy.

heheheh tom... lol *swoons*
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

Quote Originally Posted by r311dude

Quote Originally Posted by beknasty
    Makes for a real hard
    time findin a boyfriend. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

HAH you try telling a girl that you're emet..they just kinda look at
    you funny [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]
    stupid girls! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I think it is great to see more guys here. I think like what has been said before that there are just as many guys out there but they have basically tried to ignore it or not open up about it.
    I know it is hard sometimes to open up about it but I am proud to hear that you do. I don't think it should be anything we are ashamed of and only the people worth while are the ones that don't judge you for having it.
    My husband doesn't "understand" but he does what he can to make me feel better and he asks questions about it so he can try and get what i am going through.
    Welcome to the site. I look forward to hearing more about you.
    I never ate before or during school either. I lost a lot of weight in school. Since I had my little guy though I am sure no one would ever know that I was a skinny emet. I wish I could lose it now. LOL
    Big hugs hun.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Thanks, yea my brother doesn't understand it either, but when I used to have big panic attacks he would be the person sitting right down next to me cracking the funniest jokesto raise my spirits.

Thanks for the welcome =)