Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Well, even though thesubject says that I'm probably sick, it do not mean sick as in vomiting. I think I have influenza, or the real flu. Yesterday, I was coughing a lot, and today, I have been having aches and pains, headache (bad, I might add), and have a fever or some kind of elevated temp. Um.... I have taken Tylenol and some cough medicene. How long do you people think I'll stay sick? If the flu usually a week long thing? I know it probably varies person to person, but I just want general idea of it from those of you that have had influenza about how long you were sick and what you did to make yourself feel better.

Lizzy

Eww sorry to hear that. I havent had the flu in a long
    time but it can vary person to person, it can be with in a matter of
    days or a week, hard to know. I hope you feel better and be sure to
    rest up.

Miriam

</font>

Wow. I haven't had the flu since high school, thank God, and that was over 6 years ago now. But I can remember the fever lasting 2-3 days, and the coughing and aches lasting just a little longer. I still get at least one cold a year though, and sometimes I get fevers with those too. I never felt sick with influenza, but I didn't have much of an appetite. Drink plenty of fluids and rest a lot and hopefully you'll feel better soon!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I was really sick with the flu in february and it took me about 2 weeks to fully recover. I only had a fever for a day or so, but just felt rotten for the rest of the time. It depends on the person though!

GET WELL and TAKE CARE!
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

awww no *huge hug*! u poor thing
    well just keep havin lemsips and cough medecine and u shud be right as rain in a few days, make sure u have plenty of fluid too. i find hot black currant makes me feel better too!
    awww hope u feel better soon!!
    love and hugs! xxxxx
    \'I know it aint easy, but thats okay because we\'re hopeful....\' - Faith Evans

CHICKEN SOUP!!! Especially home made. It is a miracle for the flu. How long it lasts really depends on who you are, what your immune system is like and what you term as "better" the cough can last a couple of weeks but the fever, headache and body aches could be gone in a few days and you won't feel so bad. Try and sit in the sun and get some fresh air. Rest. Drink lots of fluids. If you have it Neocitran is great at night because it helps you go to sleep I find.
    Big hugs hun and I hope that you are feeling better soon.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Hmmm.... Something that is kind of weird is how I got well so quickly (it is weird to me) because today I feel much better and only have a mild cough. My immune system must have fought it off quickly. Um.... now, my mother called my aunt and told her about my little "illness" and she said that there is a cold going around. Now, I do not know if my mother told my aunt the specific symptoms I was having (basically, of a flu). I probably had a mild bout of influenza, though, because a cold does not make you feel that crappy. So, I am pretty much over my little thing of flu or whatever.

Lizzy