Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

i have a date this weekend, and i'm soo incredibly nervous. but i know this guy is different, i smile when i think of him...it's been so long since i've felt ANYTHING for a guy....since i got hurt (whole other story).

Anyways, i'm so scared and nervous! i'm afraid of relationships (i dunno if any of you read my post in relationships, it was awhile ago, i tend to be so afraid, that i push myself farther away from the guy) and all that jazz. i'm just afraid of getting into something serious, and that he will like me more than i like him...and all that.

so yeah, i'm a bundle of nerves! also...i need some ideas of what we can do...i don't have my license, he does, but doesn't have a car right now! AHHH!

So as you know, I went out last night with a guy I work with. I was soo nervous, but it was fun. We just went to a restaurant and had a drink! ( I WENT-TRIUMPH!) I do like this guy, but I'm taking it really slow, because usually if things go too fast, I get scared away...and I know he likes me, lol...I didn't even let him give me a goodnight kiss, I'm a laaady! Now I'm going to call him tommorow and we might get together tommorow night. The conversation was good, we talked all night, then I was really tired, so he took me home around 2...Anywho, any tips for the next time? I'm going to be even more nervous for a 2nd date! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]I am just scared that I will push this guy away too...But I'm trying to give him a chance, and to be good, and push my anxiety away.
    So if anyone has any similar experience with what I'm going through (all the emotions of new relationships, and the fear or relationships, ect, ect) plllllease reply!

oh and also....he had a sip of my drink, now i'm paranoid he'll be sick or something. and i will have contracted it.Edited by: crazybeautiful
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

Baby steps. Don't think too much into this date. Like you said, you're
    a bundle of nerves. You don't have to be. N yes, I know it's easier
    said than done...
    Is it a first date with the guy? Were you friends before this? Or is he
    some guy you've just met? I wanna know more! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    What do you like to do for fun? Incorporate things YOU like to
    do...situations that make YOU feel comfortable so you can take a
    little pressure off.

Well...we met at work, we are friends, but have only hung out once before in a big group of people...i get along well with him, i'm just scared of awkward silences, or crazy stuff like that!

i don't know what we are going to do! we have to get to know one another...so maybe a walk? or coffee?? i'm soo nervous!
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

Lets see, if the car situation is, well, a situation...then maybe you two
    could walk to someplace nearby. Like your coffee idea...its perfect;
    there should definitely be a destination to your walk. Any place close?

Since you already kinda know the guy, it should be cool to get to
    know him more one on one. Just don't trap yourself in fears. Like I
    said, make sure you're comfortable with your surroundings n you'll
    have no problem maintaining a great date!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. i'll see!

i'll let you know how it goes, i'm scared i may have jinxed myself or something but coming on here and talking about it!

Naw, no jinxes here! Just relax, breathe, n HAVE FUN! Let me know
    how it goes.
    I'm always here for pep talks all the way up to the date!

thx girlie!

Coffee is the best place for a first date. Nice relaxed laid back environment, you can sit outside and just chill, talk, and drink coffee. It's kinda funny as seeing as the cliched first date is a movie..but you can't talk during a movie =p
    AIM - r311dude (don\'t be shy, I love to chat)

date story, updated!