Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I just got back from the dermatologist. He wants me on Ampocillian (or something) 500 MG's TWICE a day. I just got the prescription and read the side effects, "This medication may cause upset stomach, diarhhea, nausea and vomiting for the few days while your body adjusts to this medication." So now I can't freaking take it. By the way it was written out it sounds like you WILL v. So now there is another 15.00 of my mom's money wasted. I'm going to pretend to take it so she doesnt scream at me. This sucks. I'd rather suffer with acne then v from a damn medication. Sorry. I'm just pissed off--at myself more than anything.
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

Well I had problems with my skin when I was that age and
    I went on something like that, I think that was the name but perhaps I
    might be wrong, but anyway that was the EXACT warning that I had gotten
    too and I WAS OKAY!! I didnt even have an upset stomach and I still had
    some digestive problems back then. I was like 15 or something so try to
    calm down. Just remember they HAVE TO mention those POSSIBLE BUT NO
    PROBABLE side effects for LEGAL reasons! Just in CASE you WERE to
    suffer from any of those, you are aware of it. If they didnt mention
    the possibilities and all of a sudden you suffered horrible side
    effects, you would have the right to sue them. BUT REMEMBER the odds of
    you getting sick from that are still a lot lower than you being okay!

Miriam

</font>

I highly doubt you'll get sick from the medication. THey say that on every single med that is passed out, and it rarely, rarely happens.

You should take the medication, and it'll be a triumph for you.
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

Hmm. I'm allergic to that medicine, among many others, but if I had to take it, I'd be nervous. But, you should try it out. Since your emet stomach is stronger than most peoples'- you'll most likely not throw up.
    -Anna

Every antibiotic says that on the side effects because *some* people have sensitive systems that take a while to get used to a new med. To prevent stomach upset and diarhea, just remember to take it each time with a meal. The chances are extremely good that you won't get sick. Have you ever v'd from an antibiotic before? If the answer's no, then I'm sure you'll be just fine. Take the medication!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I feel for you sweetie, I really do, but you have to remember they write those side effects on every single med almost, research it more on the web, maybe you'll see more of good things than bad. Its worth a shot!

Again they do this for LEGAL reasons. If your system
    were to react that way to it (which is more than likely NOT to happen-
    I have never heard of anyone really getting sick like that from it, and
    yes if you take it with meals you will more than likely be okay) then
    that is just their way of protecting themselves from a lawsuit!</font>

My mom said she took this medication before for an infection and was fine and didnt even have an upset stomach. It says this medication must be taken on empty stomach. Ugh. I'm so freaking scared. The pills are HUGE and they are capsules so they cannot be broken. I really don't want to take this stuff. I'll take it but if it even starts to mess with me I'm stopping.
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

The reason you may get diarreah with Antibiotics is because they can kill some of the good bacteria that lives in your gut and makes you go to the loo right. Because they are designed to kill bacteria. And so for a few days you might have to use the loo a bit more, but don't freak, its totally normal. This problem will not make you V* it affects the opposite end of our bodies and you will be FINE!
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

When I got my medicine prescribed for my emet(remeron) my doctor mentioned not researching the medicine. Me being the teenage rebel I was went home and researched it. The side effects were the same; nasuea, v*, diarreah. But, I took it anyway. I never threw up once from the medicine.
    AIM - r311dude (don\'t be shy, I love to chat)

Yeah, everyone is right. Really, they HAVE to put that on there if only one person reported those symptoms. Thoseside effectsare more for people with really ridiculously sensitive stomachs. M