Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Oh my God!!! I hate PE! I hate it, I hate it, I hate it! Okay, but, this post is emet related. Okay, so, in PE, we have this thing called the Mile Run, which is a mile. I know a lot of you do not know what a mile is, but to me, it is not a nice distance to run. I always walk it, anyways. Well, today, we had to do this run. Always, when I do this mile, I always get all panicky because, once, last year, after running the mile, a girl vomited and she was one of those people who runs a big portion of it. Now, I know a mile might not seem like a lot to you that know what it is, but to me, a little 7th grader, it is. And I'm not athletic either. I always stuggle with it because I get these bad mid section pains which I am afraid will lead to vomiting while I am doing the mile run. Today, when we were doing the first mile run of the year (I walked a big portion of it), some of the people that ran it felt sick. When I was on my last lap, a girl was sitting in front of a classroom I was passing (She had already finished her run), she was all like, "I feel like I'm going to throw up. I'm going to try to hold bck my puke", to another girl. Also, I saw a girl crying and I think she was holding her stomach and she just looked like she was going to vomit. Now, I hate PE even more than I did before because it causes people to feel sick. Ugh.... and I have the TOUGH PE teacher who likes to make us run long distances and he wants to make us run 2 miles by December (It is October here). I mean, the OTHER classes don't have to do 2 miles. But WE probably are going to have to. Also, he punishes us as a class, so if one person is messing around, we ALL have to run extra just because this one person acted up and we couldn't do anything about it.

What can I do to convince myself that I will not vomit from running?

By the way, I have PE right AFTER lunch.

Sorry because it was long and boring, but I just had to get that out.

Lizzy

We had to do the Mile Run in 8th grade. The teacher there was very mean and he threw a big bucket on the floor and said, "This is for the wusses who need to puke." I found that VERY offending and the whole time during that running I was staring at that bucket in the middle of the gym.

You'll be fine. Don't eat before running and pace yourself. You shouldnt v. Take care.
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

Well, I mean, at lunch, I often NEED to eat, and I eat lightly at lunch anyways, so hopefully, if I eat only as little, my body won't reject it while running. Also, I usually eat during the first 5-10 minutes of lunch, so my body has time to digest the food a little before running.

I do not think my PE teacher is nearly as bad as that one you had. Like today, since I was walking, and I was almost crying because my side pains were so bad and I was afraid someone or myself was going to vomit, the teacher asked what was wrong and why I was walking and I told him and he is like, "You can walk. Just walk quickly". So he isn't mean enough to make people run even if they are in pain. He isn't really even that mean; I think he just has too high of expectations for us sometimes. Now, that's sad that teacher to call people wusses and have a sick bucket. I mean, how often is it that someone actually vomited while doing the mile?

Lizzy

Yes i hate PE too! and i'm really really not atletic also. I'm the worse player in gym.In the 8th grade i used to have to go walk around the school 4 times [the school is pretty big] outside RIGHT after lunch. Iwas such anervouswreak.Iused to panic all the time before gym andnot eat much lunch. In the 9th gradeI hadtrack 1st period[andsecond sometimes]and my teacher wanted 2 and a half miles in an hour! I walked it although he wanted us to run and when he made us run...well i just jogged lightly while telling myself i would be okay. I am so thankful that in the 10th grade we get to pick our gym although i stilldont likePE
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

I rather dislike PE aswell. I had to run the mile in 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th grade, but not in 7th, and not yet in 8th. I've been lucky this week, because I've been able to be lazy in PE because of my purple swollen toe. Anyways, back to the mile- I've never known anyone to throw up after doing the mile. I think most people have to run farther than that before they start feeling very sick. It also depends on what shape you're in, and how much you're working yourself.
    -Anna

We had to run the mile starting in 3rd grade and up. Is it required for PE? We had to do other stuff too like pull ups and situps and push ups for some kind of fitness thing that was required. We also had to do something else where you'd run down and pick up the eraser and run back, then runback down and get the other eraser and run back in a certain amount of time. It sucked.

Luckily no body got sick in my class. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

PE sucked.
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

When i was in the 5th grade my class was in Gym class and this girl just suddenly got sick a few years away from me. *shudders* Still fresh in my mind after 5 years..
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

Here's the deal...
    The mile doesn't have to be so bad. I was in track for 7 years
    (through middle school n high school) n I've learned a thing or two
    about the dos n don'ts of running.
    Yeah, it sucks that you have PE RIGHT after lunch...but try to eat
    lunch at the VERY beginning so that you have time to digest n all that.

When you have pains in your stomach, they're most likely really
    annoying cramps (esp. if you're not very athletic) from moving your
    muscles like that. I ALWAYS got those stupid cramps...it also helps to
    stretch before you run
    If the cramps happen WHILE you're running, try either 1. pushing our
    your stomach to relieve the pain in that spot, 2. hold that spot on
    your stomach while you run, or 3. put your arms on top of your head
    n BREATHE. I know that last one sounds silly, but that's what you'd
    see me do in almost EVERY long distance race cuz it helped me so
    much. I dunno why.

Also, people usually throw up because they're not prepared for such
    strenuous activity. They probably haven't been doin much excercie n
    then they push themselves way too hard. If you ever feel sick after
    running DO NOT lie down. That's not good.

It's all about pacing yourself. You don't have to run the whole thing,
    but you shouldn't have to walk the whole thing either. If you guys run
    on a round track, run the straight-aways n walk the corners...or walk
    a lap, jog a lap, run a lap...whatever works for you.

Hope this helped a little. Let me know if you have anymore questions!

Bekah

Well, I do a daily skate just about everyday or so and it is like a mile or something. Also, I play a trombone, so I wonder why I have such a hard time catching my breath. Um... I usually try to run a little, jog a little and walk a little in each lap. I'm also afraid that PE is really going to ruin my GPA. That did help a little, beknasty, but I'll try what you said about the pains and see if it helps.

Lizzy

Oh yeah...n don't get dehydrated. Make sure you drink water. But
    just not RIGHT before you run. It never feels that good. But that's a
    big reason why people get cramps...not enough water.
    Hope my silly tricks work for you, they always did for me! If you
    have anymore questions, just ask.

lovebek

I also have a PE lesson straight after lunch...twice a week! What I do is i eat right at the beginning of lunch break, or by my lunch at lunch and eat it straight after the lesson.
    ISAIAH 41:10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by youngemet222

Also, I play a trombone, so I wonder why I have such a hard time catching my breath.

I play the trombone also[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    -Anna

i remember doing PE, and it used to make me feel so sick, running so much e.t.c

the only thing i can think of that will really help you short-term is talk to a teacher about ur emetophobia ( doenst have to be ur PE one) and then u can see if u can be given permission to leave PE if u need be. you mayt find that u wont actualyl want to leave PE, because you'll want to push urself to just get thru it.. but yeah. its an idea.

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN: