Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: regurgitation

im sure i haven't spelt that right..
    sorry to waffle on, but for the past two nights, iv gone to bed feeling real full. i hate feeling full, because i get myself so worked up that it develops into nausea..but i went to bed as normal and tried to doze off.
    However, as i was laying down, this stuff crept up my throat! It wouldn't have been particularly unpleasant for a non-emet because it wasn't acidy, but it still scared the hell out of me.
    I also found it very difficult to place my hand where my stomach is ( below the rib cage ) because it felt tender..
    i hadn't eaten THAT much, and id not eaten anythin for 3 hours when i had gone to bed.
    Anyone familiar?

Yea, I've had that happen, not that much though. But when it happens to me the stuff that comes up is acidy and tastes like v* .. Luckily it always seems to happen at home so I remain really calm. If it happened elsewhere, that'd be a whole different story.
    AIM - r311dude (don\'t be shy, I love to chat)

yeh, when something like that happens in an envioronment not familiar to you, it wigs you out completely, you can't settle.
    i don't understand why it wasn't acidy..oh screw it :@..iv spent too long thinking about this

thanks for the response

Actually the ironic thing is, because I have reflux
    issues I do a lot of regurgitation and its NOT the same as v! In fact I
    am used to it but what I did last Friday night was a full fletched V!
    Both times! Uggh. So NO regurgitation and v are totally different!

Miriam

</font>

thank you, that is reassuring.
    im sorry you had a naasty experience the other night, but well done for dealing with it so well! i would not have had the bravery to deal with it as rationally as you did.

For awhile I went through a spell where I had stuff creeping my throat- HIGH into my throat. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] It didn't burn like acid at all.I suffered from it for about a week. It always started after9:00 PM for some weird reason.VERY uncomfortable stuff.Iwould tell you a story about it but I don't want to freak you out.I took Prilosec OTC for about eight days and it stopped. Now it only occurs when I haven't eaten in several hours.

Take care....
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

Do you have acid reflux? Iam not sure if Ido. Altho sometimes I wake up in the night coughing because stuff has gone into my throat. Not a pleasant experience but I can guarantee you, that is not the same as throwing up. Because of knowing that I don't panic when that happens.

Blessings, Arcta

i don'tthink i have acid reflux, although i do get an acidy stomach occasionally from fruit etc, although i think thats quite normal.
    it really wasn't acidy..thank the lord, so i feel so bad for those of you who suffer from reflux.
    Mystikal, i seem to get mine after 9pm too, usually when im in bed for about..11ish.
    I don't have it on a regular basis, although i did get it for two nights in a row, really unusual.
    Do any of you get a watery-nausea feeling? It's sorta similar.. you feel bloated, usually from drinking too much, and your food sort of sits on top of your drink. ( this is what my doctor told me. ) this can make you feel nauseated, and slightly acidic.
    thanks for the responses,
    love and hugs x

Acid reflux is not fun but it doesn't freak me out either. Big difference between a little bit of 'bringing up' and vomiting!

Blessings, Arcta

thats true, although the experience iv had was more of a "creeping" sensation, lol- this must sound insane, but it really did feel as though the last things id had to eat were slowly creeping back up my throat.
    am i makin sense lol?