Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

... the SMELL (of v*)???

I am trying SO hard to figure things out in my head (regarding this phobia, as well as everything else!) and I keep trying to rationalize w/ myself why V* is "OK" and keep trying to picture myself in situations where I might have to deal with it (I guess a sort of desensitization in my head...???? IDK.. LOL) and part of me feels like if only it didn't smell "that way" then it would be much easier to deal with it.

Is there a way to change my thinking about how I percieve the smell.. does that make sense?

Sorry to ramble... there is too much going on in my head right now.... [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]
    *~ Sarah (35) ~*
    Emet-Mama to:
    Ashlee (5.5 yrs), Lex (4yrs) & Drake (1 yr)

It's really gross, I don't think even non-emets would say it wasn't gross....my main issue is being out of control of myself or humiliating myself in front of others, like freaking out because I'm sick or crying or something. I don't even begin to think about the other stuff. lol

I think that I do the same thing in my head...which is what my therapist had wanted me to do. I imagine what it would be like but some parts are just too gross for me to picture.