Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: meditation

I was wondering whether anyone here meditates or has ever had a meditation practice, and whether it has helped with your emetophobia/anxiety/panic attacks.

I took it up steadily for a little bit, and found it worked well for me. It enabled me to have better control over my panic response and eventually lessened my daily stomach woes.

I've really slacked off since i had my daughter and moved to the city. I'm very easily distracted and need lots of quiet time in order to meditate properly. As any parent will know, quiet time is a distant memory when you have a kid. I have gotten in some sessions now and again, but I find that unless I practice it everyday, it just dosen't seem to have any effect.

My daughter be off to her first year of school in September, and I plan to devote some time each day to meditating again. I hope it works this time. Woops, I shouldn't say that. Rule #1 of meditation is not to go into it with any expectations!

i used to do yoga and the woman used to do chanting and meditation type things [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] but not proper deep mediation. it was more about the yoga and then relaxation at the end. i used to love it tho and it used to really help with my breathing and keeping it controlled!

Meditation has helped me an AMAZING amount. Knowing how to relax myself has helped in so many situations, from the nighttime panic attacks to being calm before and during a time I had to v*.

The breathing methods and self relaxation techniques are some of the best things one can learn to keep calm imo.

Plus it makes you feel good

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gone like the F-U-C-K-E-N wind.
    Edited by: tiki

Thanks for thr replies. Asianeko, it's great that meditation has helped you so much. I think it would be great to be able to stay calm even during a v*ing episode.