Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: weight loss

I've only had sever emetophobia for about 8 months. I've lost almost 60lbs. in that time. I was overweight(228)... and now i'm about 170. I know that this weight loss was from cutting out "risky" foods, and not eating as much.

Has anyone else on here had significant weight loss resulting from a purposely poor diet?
    You begin saving the world by saving one person at a time; all else is grandiose romanticism or politics.

I have actually lost 50 lbs in the past 8 months or so related to emet. It just got really bad suddenly and I was having a lot of panic attacks and finding it difficult to eat. Then after a while I was having a lot of stomach troubles from not eating which made it worse. I was overweight too and now I'm 150lbs but that was a scary way to lose it. I have stabilized my panic, eating, and weight now and I'm working on maintaining a healthier weight because I don't want to gain it back. Are you still losing weight? It's important to be a healthy weight but not through starvation which is essentially what we do because our diets are so restricted. Talk to your doctor if it's out of control. I got my appetite back using meal replacement shakes like ensure and boost. They help keep you healthy because they have vitamins and minerals in them. You could make yourself very sick if you don't get proper nutrition. You can always PM me if you want...I know how you feel. Take care.

oh ya there were times I refused to eat. I only ate an apple in a day and drank water. or ate soda crackers. when I had my surgery I didnt eat hardly anything for a week. I wouldnt recommend it ever though! just makes to N* and way worse if you dont do it properly like watching what you eat and being smart like exercising it comes back with ease too.
    Im selfish, impatient and a little insecure I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle But if you can\'t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don\'t deserve me at my best

Yes, I have been like this for a year + and its getting worse and worse. Last month I lost a stone & am now quite underweight. I have become terribly picky with what foods I will eat, where they are from, how they were cooked, etc [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]