Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: husband sick

I'm scared... I never used to be like this, it used to only make me upset if someone had a v* sickness, but my husband was up at 1am and said he had just had the worst diarhea of his life, that he was in the bathroom for an hour. I asked him this morning if he thought he'd v* and he said no, that it was just in his intestines. *sigh* I hate this. It's come to the point where I even get nervous if he has a cold or flu. I'm on antidepressants so my emotions are pretty much even keel, I'm not panicking as I usually would have in the past, because I don't think I physically can, but my mind is still doing the panicking for me, if that makes sense. I don't know what is worse. Anyone know what I'm talking about??? I just wish this stupid phobia would go away. *cries*

[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Hey Jo- I'm sorryyour husband is sick. Is he still ill? Having d* doesn't always mean that there is a bug involved. It could have been something he ate that didn't agree with him, or a new food or something like that. Anyway, try not to worry too much. I just dealt with some kind of intestinal crazy... you remember... and I survived! I'm still here... but I know I was in a frenzy the entire time. But anyway, really try to relax, keep your hands clean, and don't touch your face.

xoxox

Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks Allie. Yes, you did survive it, and I have to think of that. It goes away, things get better, and it could have been something he ate, that's true.He even called me at work to say he's going to work, that he can still be there even if he has to crap! Eeek!! He said he doesn't feel sick at all, just has to keep crapping. So that's good news to me anyways, but like I said, being on antidepressants for me is like taking away the ability to panic. It's weird. But thanks for the reassurance! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Sounds like something not agreeing with his intestines. I've gotten the stomach bug with only diarhea and I felt like yuk all over. I know it was the stomach bug because my whole family got it and I was last to get it. I would never had been able to go to work. As procaution clean wtih bleach door knobs, faucets, toilet, sinks etc. I even throw a bit of bleach in the dish water. Wash your hands get plenty of sleep and eat well. You should remain healthy!

My husband still has diarrhea from last week! It is not a bug. He ate jalapeno pizza, and he has had the loose stools since. He was going 4-5 times a day, and now he still has loose stools, but only once a day. Getting better! If your husband doesn't feel bad, I would just assume it was something he ate. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img] Charlotte

Maybe it's not a bug, maybe something just didnt agree with him that he ate. I tend to get nervous when someone around me gets diarrhea-but then I think of it like....if it's all down in the lower area, it's probably not gonna come back up-it's gonna go out the back door. lol.

I agree with everyone else and feel the best thing to do is to eat well, stay healthy, keep everything sanitized and you should be fine. Remember to get enough sleep!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Aw, Jo I hope he feels better soon, and you too! That is good that he doesn't feel sick, it probably was just something disagreeing w/ his intestines. Or it is allergy/sinus time (oh joy) maybe drainage? UGH that's nasty, sorry guys!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin