Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Ginger

Sometimes I take ginger to help with an upset stomach. You can get it at your drug store, in tablet form.For me, itworks, and is a good substitute for Gravol ifI don't want to feel drowsy after.

But up here in Canada,(eh) Gravol has a new product. It's Gravol, but a 'herbal form'. It doesn't make you drowsy. I haven't tried that because it'sa little costly.

Don't take ginger if you have gallstones.
    <font color=RED><font size=\"4\"> FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL----fear</font>

Sparky, I take bonamine for nausea it works great and it doesn't make me drowsy. You mentioned Chamomile tea, I hope I spelt that right, what does it do? and do you know what herbs are in that tea?

I just make a tea out of fresh ginger..I like the taste. Or I'll just eat some fresh ginger raw, that's very good too.

The only thing that gravol stuff has in common with gravol is the brand name. It's not "gravol" per se, it's nothing like it in any way, and you'd be better of sticking with the ginger tablets, since that's mostly what the gravol product is anyway, and it costs a lot.

Chamomile is actually an emetic. It might have a calming effect on some people, but then so does deep breathing..Peppermint or ginger tea works a lot better for nausea anyway, and tastes better.
    what a horrible night to have a curse.

Cammomile is an emetic?! I am glad I have never tried drinking it to calm down! How exciting!
    Hard Normal Daddy

i have had ginger tea, and Its great for a whole lots of things.... Although sometimes I find the taste to be a bit strong... any thought of what you could add to it?
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I always drink peppermint or green tea. Mmmm my faves.

xoxo

Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Peppermint works well too. I love chamomile, it calms me down sooo much and does help my stomach.

does anyone know is Gravol is avaiable in the united states?

Never heard of Gravol..I like chamomil too, it's good for sleeping or relaxing.
    AIM - r311dude (don\'t be shy, I love to chat)

gravol is wondeful.... I only take it like once every blue moon but it takes the panic away and settles your stomach. at least for me. it works when its needed.

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I also take the new ginger gravol, but i havent found ginger in caplet form, maybe i should look at health food stores. i drink peppermint and chamomile tea together, peppermint helps digestion. and chamomile is relaxing. i wish i could drink ginger tea but i cant stand the taste of it.

Hey U4ia,I am very curious about that new ginger Gravol. Does it work any better that the original? Also, people who take ginger tablets, could you tell mehow much miligramsof ginger are in your tablets. I have some here with 550mg, and they don't really seem to do much for me. Thanks so much!!

Kelly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

have you ever been able not to swallow a gravol- its so wierd! when it starts to dissolves in my mouth ( it has the worst taste ever) while Im attempting to swallow, it starts to turn my throat and mouth numb. its an odd feeling. almost like theres a huge lump in my throat ( not from anxiety).

anyone ever have that happen?

Yes and it is disgusting! That is why I switched to Bonamine not bad tasting plus you can chew it!

I drink loose-leaf peppermint tea sometimes, but I usually stick to
    green or white tea, sometimes chai. i do enjoy chamomile tea, as well,
    and would like to know what source someone would cite for saying it is
    an emetic, as I am skeptical about that. I have considered buying
    ginger root before but not sure if Id like it or how fast it would
    spoil. I eat ginger cookies when I get tummy ailments.

hi kelly the ginger gravol has 500mg of ginger root which is equivalent to 50 mg of liquid extract.....thats what it says on the bottle anyway.

I find that it works quite well, i never really know for sure because i just take it when i feel funny. but my boyfriend had some kind of stomach bug a couple of weeks ago and said it works really well.

Thanks Linzi, I'll have to buy some.

I drank ginger tea in my last pregnancy to help with nausea, I also gave it to a friend of mine who was suffering from horrible morning sickness, and she recommended it to another friend who was having morning sickness, so 3/3 pregnant women agree--ginger tea is a miracle worker!!

I donīt like chamomille-tea so much. But I like peppermint-tea....

but one question to sparky:

Don't take ginger if you have gallstones.

Why that????What will happen if you have gallstones (and donīt know this, how my mum for example) and take ginger then?

Jenny
    Vergangenheit ist es erst, wenn es nicht mehr weh tut!