Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

i had ice cream tonight with whip cream on it. It smelled okay and tasted fine and had an exparation date of july 05 written on it ( its the can kind)

its been in the fridge, openfor awhile now... not sure how long, maybe a month or so. should I be worried? I think Im okay, but Im just double checking!
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

You would think so wouldn't you,but if cream goes off, you know about it! As long as it looked, smelled, and tasted fine, then there is absolutely nothing to worry about!
    Hard Normal Daddy

I think it has a very long shelf life it's it's kept refrigerated....and it was. It looked smelled and tasted ok...so you're probably fine.

I date might have been July '05......like 2005

That makes sense actually. Whipped cream from a can is a very processed food. It wouldn't suprise me if it did mean July '05. It is likely that this is the case. If it has been open for a month or so then if the date was the fifth of July you've had that cream sitting around for an imporobably long time.Edited by: tomvickery
    Hard Normal Daddy

oh the date was most deffently 2005 haha whoops I forgot to mention that. ive just heard that once you open something, that date no longer applies. is that true? like with meat?

by the way, i had some D last night, but im pretty sure it was related to my IBS, and not the cream cause I didnt feel sick to my stomach at all.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

there is a general rule with some things like mayonase u shud eat a no more after a month opening, bcos it contains egg, but with creme aslong as u keep it in the fridge it should be fine until the expiory date, which is usually a month anyway if it isnt long life creme, but as u sed whipped cream is processed so it doesnt matter, things have tonnes of preservatives in these days so just stick to the use by's and u'll be fine! xxx
    \'I know it aint easy, but thats okay because we\'re hopeful....\' - Faith Evans

lol- i really wouldn't panic.. whipped cream is mostly sugar, think of it like that.. yes it contains milk obivously but there are laws about use-by-dates.. they have to be thorough!
    i love whippy cream, and if it taste, smells, looks good.. enjoy