Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: For Females

Are there any females who suffer nausea really bad beforeyour periods?About a week before, I have the diarrhea, then a couple of days before I feel really sick to my stomach with a headache sometimes bad and then the relief comes when I start. Can you tell me whatdo you do about it? I know I have PMS, I hatethis every month. I can eat like there is no tomorrow then panic of feeling sick because of what and how much I ate.That lasts for a day or so thenI am back at eating like a bird.

I have my heating pad, my anti-nausea pills and my comfy couch. For pain I take Tylenol period pain because of the cyst but I can honestly say at that time of the month I hate being a woman! Any suggestions?

I wish I could help! Usually about 3 days before my period I get such bad nausea, to the point I cant even look at food and it's horrible, but as soon as my period comes I can eat like a pig (and usually do) I get bad dizzyness and i cry A LOT. I don't really nkow what advice to offer, i just usually try and deal with it when it comes. I hope someone has better advice, I just wnated to let you know you aint alone.

x
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Hey There,

I know how you feel. I sometimes get D*, but I don't usually get any worse nausea than what I already have. My main symptom is irritability and I cry a lot too. Its really hard for me to deal with it, but I usually just cry, and then after a couple of days of just generally feeling down, no body talk to me... it goes away. I hate it too because I often take it out on my boyfriend, and he doesn't completely understand, though he's getting better. I hope you feel better.

xoxo

Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I used to before I went on birthcontrol, it really helped out with the cramps and such. I only feed a tad sickly for about half a day now. If you don't want to try that, I'd suggest relaxing, baths, heating pads, ibuprophen, ect.
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

I wish i could help u...I usually just use the heating pad and stuff, i kinda need help with this too!

for a week before i have sorta-d, and then for a few days before I feel really nauseous, and get more depressed about it, and really cry about it. when it starts I feel so relieved!!!

&lt;3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

My IBS gets way worse the week before it starts....and sometimes headaches. I get no more cramps since I started the pill,but they used to be unbearable!! But, one funny thing is that even though my stomach is usually upset before my period, I usually want to eat everything in sight! Not good!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

I get the same thing. Birth control helps a little, especially with cramps. But I also get cysts too, they can be quite painful. I usually eat very little and have diarhea that week. I try to drink a lot of water, and limit my food intake b/c I feel quite sick.

Otheriwse, I dont know what else to do. The bi4rth contorl has helped me a great deal though.

I feel the same way. My doctor told me it is better to take the pill (birth control). But I donīt want to take it anymore.

Well, so I started with acupunture a week before I get my period. Iīll get my period on next saturday and today i am going to to go to the acupuncture. Hope it will helps, because i have to go to a wedding onsaturday and donīt want there nausea or anything else.

JennyEdited by: Sun666
    Vergangenheit ist es erst, wenn es nicht mehr weh tut!

Thanks for your imputs. I can't go on the pill b/c I am 39 and a smoker. Then it was suggested to me to take the needle which apparently stops your periods but I have heard horror stories about it like being sick, gaining alot of weight and instead of not having your period youcan bleed everyday! Then a partial hysterectomy which I say no thanks right now, I still want my insides! I think what I might do is go to the Health Food Store and see what they have. I remember when my nerves were so bad with the panic of feeling sick and a lady suggested to me Rescue Remedy, it is some kind of herbs ina small bottle (liquid) with a dropper, you put 3 drops I think under your tongue and it calms you down, just like ativan, under your tongue it works faster. I will let you know how I make out, I just have to figure when a good time to go depending on how I am feeling.

Thanks

Basically what your doing is the best you can do, I suffer like you sometimes but not always, it varies with the weather.

i get nausea for about a week before my period..and just as i wonder what on earth is wrong,they come back on!
    aswell as nausea, i suffer more from backache, and all over horrible-ness.
    my period finally came this month ( first one since july this year- not impressed )
    sadly we're all unique, but generally my appetite stoops a week before "that" time, and picks up whilst im on.

Well, I was just two weeks late, because of my previous kidney infection, and I feel like a bloated cow eating bon-bons. I get nauseated, and somewhat emotional. I am more prone to crying during pms.

Yey Pepto-Bismol!
    <font color=RED><font size=\"4\"> FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL----fear</font>

I had this horrible experience this morning... I've noticed it the last few months as well (since stopping the pill really). I get up, feeling fine, on the first day of my period but then I feel the kind of sensation where I really need the loo and I start to feel faint. This morning I literally raced to the loo and it's like I haven't been for about a week!!! (like with IBS) and then I feel faint so I have to get off and lie on the floor with my feet on the side of the bath. All the time feeling really n* and with the cold sweats. We've got a wooden floor and when I get up you can see my body shape imprinted into the floor from the sweat [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]. It always happens when I'm in the house on my own as well.... so scary...

Wonder why our stomachs and intestines are so horribly affected by our monthly cycles...

I too suffer from Nausea before that time of the month. I have had to take my compazine a couple of times to try and take the edge off. I find drinking a hot cup of peppermint tea helps a lot, it actually helps with cramps as well when you actually start. Not eating any foods that are heavy and keeping yourself as relaxed as possible.

My cramps are so bad at times I almost pass out from the pain, so I know what it's like to not enjoy being a women.

i dont really know what u can do about PMS... i mean yeah there are tablets out there you can get to help with the symptoms i think.. like in boots and stuff.. but other than that.

but yeah i get it when just before i feel REALLY sick, and for 2 days in as well. but i dont mind that, becuase i can put the nausea down to my period, and so i dnt panic myself tht im actually gnna be sick.. if tht makes ne sense.

Jen xxxxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.