Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hello...Well, I know I have asked about this topic on these boards about whether or not certain online phobia clinics are scams or not. Well, I looked into one that I am going to actually try the treatment. They have a practitioner that you can work with on the phone and through emails etc...or you can do their homestudy program which is what I am gonna do. I don't care anymore. Damn the cost! I am tired of living every day this way. If it doesn't work (which they claim it does, guaranteed) then atleast I can say I tried, and move on. Here is their site if you wanna take a look [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] www.changethatsrightnow.com

Charlotte

Oh, btw, here is a specific link also... http://changethatsrightnow.com/emetophobia.asp

Charlotte[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

*sigh*

Yeah, they claim it's guaranteed...but sage explained to me what their gimmick is. As long as you do everything they tell you to, they guarantee it. But...in our case...more than likely...they will tell you you must make yourself vomit or the phobia won't go away. When you refuse to do what they tell you to, their guarantee is no longer valid, because you didn't follow instructions. They keep their money, and you still have the phobia. Believe me, I wanted to try the phobia clinic as well, but what sage said made sense. I am glad I didn't end up paying for it.
    It\'s all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

There is always some kind of scam with something like that. I don't think there should be any guarantee with something that is mental. They charge lots of money, and you won't get it back, even if the program doesn't work for you. Its complete crap... so think twice, okay girly? There are other ways to get help with this screwed up phobia we all have to deal with. Look into all of those first... especially because those scams will probably tell you to make yourself sick. I don't know what kind of an emet could bring him/herself to do that. Update us here at the posts!

xoxo

Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hmm well i think go you for trying it...

i personally wouldnt,the risk of it making me worse wud be way too much right now...

keep us updated,

Jen xxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sometimes we have to just "go with our gut" (no pun intended) and try something desperate.

My only advice is that if it doesn't work for you, please don't give up on legitimate treatment programs such as those that have been tried and proved to work for decades with hundreds of therapists and emetophobics. I have the literature on this - it's just not available on the internet. Recently I've been corresponding on a forum with other behavioral therapists and someone posted a question about treating an emetophobe! Before I could even respond, the moderator of the site, a noted psychologist, came back with an outline of the treatment program that was right on the money - almost exactly the same as what I cite in my paper posted on the "Treatments" thread. Lots of other psychologists contributed to this thread, many of whom have had good success with traditional treatment. I emphasized to them two things: 1) that they probably don't understand just HOW SCARED emetophobes are, and 2) a good therapeutic alliance with the client, where he or she feels completely safe and cared for, is imperative (it actually is in all therapy, but I was underscoring how cognitive behavioral treatment wouldn't work for emetophobia at all unless the alliance was strong.)

Charlotte, you do whatever you have to do for you. Please PLEASE let us know exactly what these people do...if it works...praise God, we can send everyone there. If it doesn't, then the more information you could give the rest of us (especially me) the better - so we can warn other people away from them with more information than we have now.

Good for you for coming to that time in your life where you're just fed up and want to "go for it".
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Gosh, not sure what to do now...lol. I may still do the "at home study" treatment that has the cd's, but still not sure. I am doing alot of research on different things for treatment for this phobia. It is just so darn hard to find a doc that knows what the heck I am talking about. "What is emetophobia???" Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, I hate that. I want someone who specializes in this disorder. I hate knowing that I could be this way the rest of my life. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] Charlotte

i did the richard bandler program once with the CD and stuff and it was 'guarenteed results'....didnt work AT ALL! and this richard bandler guy is one of the top people in psychological studies, hes like the paul mckenna of his field! anyway it didnt work for me but maybe that was just me, i think u shud do the home program, u atleast have to try these things or we will never know xxxxxx
    \'I know it aint easy, but thats okay because we\'re hopeful....\' - Faith Evans

Charlotte,

I don't know if you've read my piece on "Information to give your doctor or family". This is helpful to help "educate" your therapist. There is no one in the world that I know of that "specializes" in emetophobia. I can guarantee you that the odds are extremely high that your therapist or doctor will not have heard of it.

I hope to inspire you by sharing that the therapist who treated me had never even treated someone with any phobia before. We got educated together. My treatment was 100% successful. The most important thing in treatment is the relationship you and your therapist has. If he or she is not open to read about and get educated on this phobia and its treatment, or if they're not willing to really listen to you - especially if they "don't get it" as to HOW SCARED you really are, then move on to someone else.

The good news is that there are therapists out there treating this disorder successfully every day - I know because I talk to them! Keep at it until you find someone or something that works for you.

Good luck!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.