Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Close contact?

What is meant my close contact? Do they mean just being near to someone or close contact as in kissing etc.

Just spent an hour at the gym with a personal trainer who near to the end of the session told me he had been v* on Monday. It had just come on that afternoon and he was v* several times in the toilet at the gym. I didnt go in there but I am so worried the germs will still be floating around in the air. Sounded like he had that winter v* bug, his girlfriend was ill too. He says he thinks he caught it from his niece who was ill at the weekend and they went to visit on the Sunday. Being a baby she did things like put her fingers in their mouths and touch their lips. He says that no one else in the household was ill but I am now in panic mode.

I've readthat you are still infectious for 48 hours after symptoms disapear & that its caught by aerosol germs from v* or close contact. I spent an hour next to him in the room, taking deep breaths whilst exercising. Don't think I can face waiting to see what happens over the next 3 days to see if I am ill or not.

Please let me know if you have any advice.

Sarah
    Sarah xxx

The person that was infected is only contagious for 24 hours after the last symptom disappeared. (diarrhea, orv) If the last time he v'd was on Monday, I would say you are in the clear! Try not to worry yourself too much...you will make your self sick that way. I have been around people who have said that they v'd all day the day before, and I turned out fine!! (although it worried me like crazy!) Take care, and good luck. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img] Charlotte

Thanks Charlotte. I sometimes feel like there are two mini me's on my shoulders one telling me all is fine, the other telling me to panic like hell. I

In a way Ithink I amso concernedabout being ill because I feel it will knock me back agood few steps in coping with my phobia. Like I used to panic about coughs & colds, but so many times I have worked with people with a cold and not caught it, I no longer panic so much. Don't remember being so near to someone so soon after they have been ill so I panic ..... but if it all ends OK then I will feel I have got over a hurdle and will not panic so much the next time. Hope you can understand what I mean.

Take care,

Sarah
    Sarah xxx