Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I work at my childrens school. A child is out for a day so I make a point! out of finding that child (or thier parent) when they return to find out why they were out of school. So today I got to find out that 3 of the 4 kids out had the stomach bug! AHHHH so now I think oh no did I touch that child? Was my daughter playing with them the day before? UGH! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] Edited by: pippi

Yep,I do the same...except when my kids come home from school and say their friend was absent, I make sure she asks her friend why she was gone, and if it was a stomach bug, I tell my daughter not to talk to her for the day. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img] Charlotte

When my daughter was in school, (we homeschool now) I asked my daughter EVERYDAY if someone was out in her class, did anyone leave early, and if they did, why? I also asked if any of her friends were sick. I would tell her not to get too close to anyone, and I sent her to school with her own bottle of hand sanitizer. My daughter actually told me that the bathrooms at her school very rarely had soap in them. Isn't that awful?!? I really push hand washing with my children, and remind them to not put their hands on their mouth. I would think that is something good to do even if I didn't have this phobia!!!!

I will be thinking of you, I REALLY hope that you daughter doesnt catch "it."Edited by: jennyleigh1975

Yes! I too push the hand washing. THere was a little boy who didn't eat his lunch yesterday and sat in his chair looking ill. I went up to my daughter and whispered into her ear..."Don't play with *boys name* today okay." She loudly said "Mom why can't I play with ***** today?WHY MOM?" Ugh I felt like such a freak! LOL I guess I am!
    My oldest keeps telling me she is SO TIRED and I keep staring at her as she eats dinner seeing if there is any sign of the stomach bug! UGH! I HATE THIS~!

well i don't have kids yet, but i know i'll be the same way. every time someone says theydon't feel well i HAVE to find out exactly what the mean by it. like ask "what's wrong?" "do you have a cold?" then if they do say its their stomach i ask questions like "do you think it was just something you ate?", cause i feel like i have to find out if its being caused by a contagious bug or something else. it's horrible, i know how just how all youguys feel.

I do the same, not with kids cuz I don't have any, but with people at work or at my husband's work. They probably think I'm very nosey.

In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11