Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone not v* since becoming emet?

Is there anyone else here who hasn't v*'d since they became emetophobic? I haven't v*'d in several years and even then I wasn't afraid of it at the time. But now I'm terrified because it seems as though emetophobics still do v* and I'm scared at how it will affect me.

Default Re: Anyone not v* since becoming emet?

I haven't v* since 2000. The last time I did I didn't have this fear either. I get n* from anxiety a lot but never v*. I know it could very well happen one day and that day could happen at any time which scares me but I just have to try not to think about it.

I haven't v*d in my 7 years of being emetophobic. Last time I did was in 2000. Also I imagine there are lots of people who /haven't/ v* since becoming emetophobic, but don't want to say so for fear of tempting fate
    Hard Normal Daddy

I haven't V'd since becoming phobic. Been over the phobia for several years and still haven't V'd. Been 20 years.

Respectfully,
    David

Well, I have, but my mom was 30+ years clean as an emet when she died.

As to me, I've v*ed after I'd become a person with emetophobia
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have, but it doesn't make any difference to me when it comes to the phobia.

I haven't since I was a kid, I'm 25 now and if I'm honest I don't even really remember the experience! :/

I usually v every 5 years, like clockwork... its seriously wierd :S but Ive pretty much been an emet all my life...
    "I aspire to be greater than my nature will allow"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I've v* a few times, but I think I have a pretty mild form of emet

I've had emetophobia since I was about 9 and I haven't v* since I was sick, so I guess you could say that, it's almost as if I'm immune to v*, because I had the SF last year and never v*. That's why I'm more afraid of other people getting s* than me because I usually know I won't do it.

I v* about once a year, usually due to my meds and stuff. I can't remember the last time I v* due to an actual illness.

When I v*, it's really traumatizing. I'm a wreck. I feel embarrassed because I often need help cleaning up my own v* because I'm balled up in the corner afterward and can't stop crying.

Mwahaha I wish..
    Life is so worth living.

The last time I v* was first grade. That made me become an emet. Now im in 7th grade and I haven't since.

The last time it happened to me was after a car ride because i got dizzy (many years ago), but other than that I haven't in many many years. (I'm 21 now.)
    I feel like my body has almost built itself up against it. Like times when I'm so sure I'm goning to be sick, I somehow end up being ok. It sounds weird, but I feel like maybe I've adapted to my fear in some way. It actually kind of gives me hope. When my stomach hurts, I try to think about how my body will make sure that I'm ok. haha.

I havent since becoming an emet.

I have never vomited since I was too young to remember.

But I think thats exactly why I am so scared of it. I've never done it!
    ~Claryn :3
    Listen to my conversation with Dr. Drew on Loveline about emetophobia (warning: slightly graphic, fakey v* sound effect):

I have never v* that I remember since I've been afraid of it (age 3 or 4). I did when I was really drunk a couple of times (friends told me) but I dont' remember it (or count it!!!)

I have v* since I've been emet. (about 5 times total...) However the last time I v* (Jan 2009) is what made it get to the extreme point I'm at today

I've been phobic all my life, so i have when i was a child. I don't think the phobia was as bad as it is now though.

I can't remember ever not being an emet, my earliest memories (of being around 4) were of my younger brother, then a baby being ill and me being hysterical. I have V*d only twice in my entire life, even including when I was a baby. (I only know about the baby thing off my parents, who testify to how wierd it was that I never once v*d) First time was 13 years ago, second time was around two years ago. Both times with a virus, and only once each time, though that was only down to an immense amount of self control.

i havnt v* for about 9 yrs when my phobia started and i didnt have it when i got sick. some days i swore i was gonna be sick but i never was. what annoys me most though is not know if i actually have a bug or virus or if its just anxiety that makes me feel ill. but i am also dreading the day i will need to be sick. every morning i wake up wondering if today is the day.

The last time I v*d was when I was about 8, which was when my phobia started and I can't really remember it very well!
    From what I've heard though, it's quite common for emets not to v* during their phobia because they're a lot more cautious than other people, which makes sense I guess.
    Not that that stops me worrying lol!
    I like to think it's something to do with the power of positive thinking - if I tell myself over and over that I'm not going to v*, then I won't v* lol

I haven't. I think I became an emet at the age of 8...and that was the last time I v*ed. It was a traumatizing experience, but not because I got sick. I never feared it before that. I was staying at my grandmother's house for the week, and was away from my parents. Instead of my grandmother being nurturing when I was crying for my mom, she began to yell at me. She made me feel terrible for wanting my mother when I was sick. Ever since I've been terrified to v*. I guess subconsciously relate it to being away from my mommy and daddy and helpless. I'm 21 years old, and I think my phobia is now only getting worse... *sigh*

yer i had a smilar experience when my mum freaked out when i v*. she became hysterical cause she cant stand it. im a bit annoyed at her reacting like that. children get sick all the time and she made me feel like it was abnormal and like there was something wrong with me. so i can understand.

I became emetophobic at 4 or 5 and I've v* three times since then.. once when I was 6, once when I was 7, and once when I was 12. I'm 19 now.
    Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.

I haven't v* since 2nd July 1994 - nearly 16 years now!! I was nearly 9 at the time. This July 2nd I'm going to a Christening party and then to visit a friend in Northampton and I'm going to rebel and eat lots and lots!!

That was when I first became emet so yeah I've not v* since although I've come very close since: 22nd Oct 1997 (antibiotics) and 6th June 2008 (drink spiked, felt like death was upon me, whilst retching on a stretcher. With paramedics present I did feel pretty safe but I was barely conscious).

See that's the problem. I remember things too well. Dates and memories. I can remember when I last v* like it was yesterday. Before that I can remember every other time in my life I v*, when I was 2, 3 and 7, but those incidents didn't have the long lasting effects the final one did :-(.

I haven't vomited since becoming an emet. Actually the only time in my life I did vomit, I was in 5th...in the 1980s...and thats when my emet started. It's been 25 years for me. Hope it never happens again.

Quote Originally Posted by irish_grrl76 View Post
    I haven't vomited since becoming an emet. Actually the only time in my life I did vomit, I was in 5th...in the 1980s...and thats when my emet started. It's been 25 years for me. Hope it never happens again.
    It's interesting how one V episode can "make" an emet, while at the same time ending future V episodes, too!

I'm in the same boat as you - no V since becoming emet (other than some self-induced trying to overcome emet).

It seems some of us have "the emet superpower" and are far, far less likely to V than mere mortals (normal people who are not phobic).

In fun!
    David

I can't pinpoint the exact age it started but it was really young. As a child through elementary school and into high school I so strongly believed I could control it and I wouldn't do it that I never did, 10+ years. I was terrified every time my sisters were sick. They seemed to be once a year or so and I would not come out of my bedroom and hold my breath if I had to go to the bathroom or something...

Once I got into my 20's I began to think it is not something you can control and once I lost that certainty it would never happen it eventually did. Now in my 30's I am very careful and the phobia seems to be getting worse, don't know why...its been years again, thank goodness.