Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Help? Please advice?

Hi i am wondering if anyone has any advice or could tell me what to do to relax myself when im panicking about you know..... it makes me feel alot worse and i dont know how to control it.

Default Re: Help? Please advice?

Positive affirmations works for me. It doesn't remove the phobia but it takes away the worst edge of the panic.
    I try out whatever sentense that feels best like "I am healthy" or "I feel good in my stomach" and keep repeating it, repeating it, repeating it until the nervesystem believes/trusts in it and calms down. Deep breaths usually works in panicsituations as well. Good luck to u.

I agree 2u4u4ever, but my statement generally is "It's ok." or "I'm ok.". Sometimes I'll shush myself, just repeating over and over "Shhh-shh".

When I was little, my mom helped me get over it by thinking about something that was hard. At the time it was my 4 times tables. She would make me recite them and I would be thinking so hard about the math that I would eventually I would forget the panic feeling. If availible, I would recommend getting a cold wash cloth and putting it on your face or the back of your neck. Maybe even breathing some cold air or just taking some deep breaths. I find this helps me the most.

My psych taught me to do relaxation exercises and breathing exercises...
    If you google anxiety relaxation exercies they will step by step teach you exercise that literally feel as though the anxiety is being removed from your body...
    http://www.pe2000.com/anx-breathe.htm
    Browse the breathing exercise in there... i promise once mastered it helps!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    A brave man is not a man who is not afraid, but one whose will is stronger than his fear.

Thanks for the advice. :]