Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Talking My story- New to website-Emetiphobia for 15 years

Hello,

I've been checking out this website on and off for several years now and I decided to get an account just to privately share my stories and get feedback from others.

My emetophobia is something that very few if any people know I suffer from. I feel lile many people suffer from this phobia but refuse to discus it because it bothers them or they feel embarrassed by it.

I think theres something in our lives, especially at a young age that triggers our fear. At least I think thats what happened to me.

When I was around the age of nine I became really ill from some kind of bug. It was really traumatic for me because of how ill it made me.
    I think my fear stems from the lack of support I was given as a child from my parents when I was ill. If I became unwell during the night my mother would refuse to come comfort me. Or when I was ill she would ignore me or come into the bathroom and say uncomforting things.

I guess I always felt on my own in those situations or that it was wrong or I had done something wrong?

I am 23 years old now and I still suffer from emetiphobia but I don't think it's as bad as it use to be. I still fear mostly v* myself because it's a very dramatic situation.
    If it does happen I refuse anyone’s support or reassurance although it is something that I want. I don't know why I have to refuse it. It’s almost a shame inside of me that prevents me from doing it in front of anyone.
    I don’t think this is an uncommon feeling for people to have either but it’s not something you discuss with people, ever.

I have tried to help get over my phobia which includes forcing myself to help other who are in the act, making myself v*, watch videos, or read stories related to that. In fact, I actually find video’s and pictures more difficult to see then to actually help someone who’s in the act of.

Over the years I’ve thought about why I had this huge fear and often envied my friends for being able to do it without even having a thought in mind about how horrible it was. No one ever really knew I had the fear, not even those who thought they knew everything about me.

I think when I was around the age of 16 I became obsessed with fantasies of having support from people I found attractive while in the act of v*. It was never a sexual thing and the thought of it becoming sexual is a disgusting thought. But they are always situations where support is given by someone who I like sexually or am attracted to in some fashion.

The odd thing is, my partner of 4 years has never seen me vomit and I could never do it in front of him even though I am attracted to him and love him. It’s not something I can do in real life unless I am completely alone. He also doesn’t know about my fear or my fantasies if you can call them fantasies.

So I am not entirely sure if these fantasies are my way of living out in my head what I can’t do in real life or what I never had as a child. It’s not something I want to stop because as weird as it sounds, I enjoy it. No one would ever know it or imagine that I think about. It’s actually kinda crazy to write it to people on here.

I am wondering if there’s anyone else who does the same thing that I do as a way to cope with their fear.
    Thanks for reading I look forward to hearing your thoughts and checking out the website more.

Default Re: My story- New to website-Emetiphobia for 15 years

I dont do the same thing as you, the fantasy thing, but it doesn't sound as weird as you think it might lol. A lot of the things you explained are pretty normal for an emet, like the bad experiences as a young child or being embarrassed about v* ing in front of others. You will probably start to see some similar posts to yours in the forums. I hope you can enjoy this site and use it as a helpful tool in the future.

welcome to the forum.

i don't share the fantasy part.......but i think i've read previous posts on here about emet being sexual for some people...

i am like you in the fact that i always want to be alone when i'm having a panic........i dont want anyone asking me questions or watching me.

i just told my husband this year about my emet.....i had him read the research and information section of this forum and some of the posts that seemed really close to how i feel.
    he's been really great about it and now he understands on why sometimes i just can't do things.......and that it has nothing to do with him.....

good luck....keep reading and posting
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

everything but the fantasy part is how i am...and i really got upset for you on reading about how ur mum was towards you,i have 3 children and the thought of being this way to them greatly upsets me,i would ALWAYS comfort my children.Please do not feel ashamed though,as its just your wd if it gets u through these troublesome days we have to endure,then I'm all for it for you.I hope we all can help you in some way.we are all here for you.you can always message me.Jade.xx

*its just ur way of coping and if it gets you through these troublesome.......