Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Off topic, but important.

I went to a haunted house today.
    They had BAD strobe lights, normally i dont have a problem with them....

but i went into one of the 'chambers' which had MASSIVE strobe lighting
    and all the sudden, i felt weak, and nearly passed out. I lost hearing for a few seconds, and my entire face went numb.

Then my lips and cheeks started to tremble terribly,
    then my entire face twitched and trembled and then went numb,
    i immediately covered my eyes and walked out, once out i felt very weak and nauseous, but the trembling / twitching stopped after a few minutes.
    (this was not anxiety, i was not scared, i was laughing and having a great time.)

did i almost have a seizure or something?
    it was VERY frightening, i have never felt that way before.

Default Re: Off topic, but important.

LOVE those things! Never had any effects from the strobe lights though. I bet it was just a psychological effect of the adrenaline and being startled again and again in a short time.

Obviously I don't know if you actually had a seizure, but it's quite possible. That kind of lighting can do that to people who are susceptible. There was a story in the news a while back about kids having seizures from some video game. Maybe you should get checked by a doctor?

Definately get checked. There are different types of seizures, not just the stereotypical falling on the floor and jerking. In some of them the person remains aware. Like we have a student who has epilepsy who just goes kind of numb for a minute, he knows what is going on.

You think i should get it checked out?
    Its only happened just this once, and in a strobe lighted room.
    Probably wouldnt hurt to mention it.

i was so frightened.

You should definitely mention it to your doctor, and do your best to avoid strobes in the future. It could just be anxiety, but it could be something more serious.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

okay thank you.