Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Other forms of ginger

I've read in so many different places that ginger is great for tummy troubles, which is awesome. I know that the majority of people use ginger capsules because they are portable, don't go bad, ect. I'm personally not a big fan of taking pills, I'd rather have something chewable. I also happen to LOVE the taste of ginger. (I can't wait to start my Christmas cookies, extra-gingery ginger snaps are so good, especially with a cinnamon red-hot in the middle! )

I know that fresh ginger works well on tummies, but it doesn't stay fresh for as long as I would like. Does candied ginger work? What about pickled ginger like they have at sushi places? I still plan on getting some ginger capsules for when I'm out and about, but when I'm home, I'd like to know what other options are available fore me.

Thank you for your time!

Default Re: Other forms of ginger

i have lots of ginger tea to drink when i'm home......but i keep ginger hard candies in my purse....they seem to work well.....although some i've tried are really really hot......lol. our health food stores carry the best selection of all things ginger
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I tried pickled ginger once and it worked great. I've tried cutting up raw ginger and steeping it in hot water and that works. And I've also tried pills and ginger tea and those are good too. Never tried the candy form. I don't think ginger ale is of any value for stomach relief, personally.

You can also get crystallised ginger. Its almost like clearish orangey coloured rocks dusted in flour. I've seen it in the supermarket next to the raw ginger. I don't like ginger but my music teacher is pregnant and she eats it for her n* during the day