Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Will i die this way?

Im getting so sick and tired of being nauseated and nervous every single night.
    As soon as the sky starts to get dark i can just feel it in my gut and i get ready to fight the nausea. I heard a kid throwing up in my building today and i was so freaked out.
    My mind is gonig bolistic and i feel like ill never get rid of this fear.
    I would always tell myself that, ill never let this fear get a hold of my thoughts, but unfortuneatly it has a hold of my life now. Im 17 and i dont want this fear to be on my back, making me heavier and heavier till the next, i dont know, 80-90 years.
    I wanna have kids in the future, i wanna be able to eat something without being stressed out hoping not to throw up.
    Do you think its time for some therapy? or Hypnotherapy? the only thing with that is, im a Christian and my friends say it can be satanic D:
    I dont know what to do!!! Im nauseated right now. But its like everynight. Being nauseated is on my agenda..

Default Re: Will i die this way?

Hypnotherapy is in NO way satanic. It's not, not at all. All it does is relax you to a point where the therapist can work on changing your thought patterns and the way that you react to certain things. There is nothing at all satanic about it. When I tried hypnotherapy, the therapist was wearing a cross around her neck, and had a photo of Jesus on her desk. I wouldn't think that she'd be practising something satanic.

I do think that it's time to look at getting therapy. Catch it where it is now otherwise it will probably get worse and worse, and it's definitely possible to overcome, some people just need a little bit of help. Perhaps while you're waiting for therapy, you could look into getting some of the relaxation CD's which might just make you a bit chilled out in general.

I hope that you consider Hypnotherapy, it's really great, I found it awesome for relaxation Perhaps research it a bit if you're still worried I hope I helped a little bit.

Hi Sophiee

I am a Christian too, my mum is a pastor at our church. She was wary of me trying hypnotherapy when I was a teenager and going through my worst patches but as I have gotten older and made more decisions for myself I realised that God didnt create us to live in constant fear and that he has put people around us to help us overcome this problem.

I have had some hypnotherapy and found it very relaxing. It was not satanic at all. In fact you should be able to discuss your personal beliefs with your therapist so they are aware of how you feel and can reassure you that they will not put anything offensive to your personal beliefs into the session.

You can get through this I promise. If you feel you are able to, talk to your doctor and look into medications that may help, and a therapist or counsellor who can do some cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) can be really helpful too. If you ever want to message me feel free.

Feel better hun

x

i used to dread night time also.......now i actually look forward to bedtime......watching tv in bed and relaxing......you really just have to try and make night time a positive time....take a hot shower......i usually take a snack to bed with me too.......try and go over the positive and good things that happened during the day.....no negativity at night.......

i do meditation if i'm "antsy" at night.....i start at my toes....pretend their asleep go to my feet, then ankles and so on and so on.......i'm usually asleep before i get to my head....lol

also doing some sort of physical activity during the day will make sleep easier and more peaceful.......dont exercise right before bed because your metabolism will be up then........maybe a nice peaceful walk during the morning or afternoon......helps relieve anxiety.

good luck.......make your bedroom your safe haven........make night time peaceful
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.