Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Food!

Thumbs up Food!

What do you guys eat on a typical day (a day as if your emetophobia just vanished)?

I usually have some cereal with diced banana, followed by a bowl of jasmine rice with broccoli for lunch, then a salad with marinated chicken and ranch. Of course my meals would vary but this is by far my most repeated meal plan.
    Last edited by skinnypuppy; 04-26-2011 at 04:43 PM.
    i'm a good kid, just misguided.

Default Re: Food!

For breakfast I usuall eat a fiber bar or some sort of granola bar. I'm not usually very hungry when I wake up. Then for lunch I almost always have a sandwich. Usually ham or turkey. Then for dinner it varies all the time but the things we make the most are pasta, chicken with a couple of sides like rice and a veggie, pizza, steak, tacos.. anything we can come up with thats simple and that our daughter can eat too.

I have to say though that my favorite thing I've been making lately are turkey club sandwiches. I use low sodium turkey, american cheese, bacon, lettuce and light mayo on white bread. Sometimes with a pickle on the side too or french fries if I'm super hungry! They are delicious, pretty healthy and are so easy to make. You can vary it up by using a different bread or adding tomato too

If my emet completely vanished though and could eat anything I wanted, I'd without a doubt go out for Indian. That's my most favorite meal ever in the entire world. I wish I could eat it again!
    My Mantra:
    If you continue to do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
    -Originally an IES member since October, 2009-

I don't usually eat a lot and i'm trying to up my diet to put on some weight but anyway...this is my average day.

Breakfast, a 150g pot of yoghurt or a protien bar.

Lunch, a slice of white bread with 2 slices of wafer thin ham.

Dinner, I eat a lot of italian food ie pasta and pizza but i'll occasionally have a slice of chicken breast, I never have a side though.

so yeah as I say i'm going to be trying to eat more
    I know that there are those that are waiting for failure, but
    my answer to that is that there is no such thing as failure.
    You can only fail if you stop too soon.

On a day I'm feeling well:

Breakfast: Oatmeal made with almond milk with fruit and nuts or chia seeds, or Cheerios with almond milk fruit/nuts, or a multigrain waffle with cashew butter and banana.

Lunch: I have a laptop lunchbox. I pack 1/2 cup veggies (sauteed broccoli, roasted sweet potato, little salads, veggie slaw, etc...), 1 cup of protein/grain/veg mix (this week I have pasta with broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, and carrots with chickpeas. Last week i had quinoa with almonds, zucchini, roasted bell pepper, celery, carrots, apples, and dried apricots. The week before I had brown rice with tofu and veggies), 1 cup of fruit (this week is pineapple and strawberries) and a few tea biscuits or graham crackers.

Dinner: Tonight was spaghetti and wheatballs with tomato sauce and salad. Last night was Gardein tenders, roasted sweet potato, and kale with tomatoes. Tomorrow is tofu scramble with mushrooms, zucchini, broccoli, bell pepper, and carrots with dill roasted potatoes. Thursday will likely be all the veg left in the fridge made into a stew with kidney beans, and I'll probably serve it over barley or millet. Last week we had vegetable wraps with mushrooms, bell pepper, eggplant, zucchini and hummus on rye wraps and green salad one night; vegetable sushi one night; Gardein BBQ "wings" with mashed cauliflower and kale one night... I can't think back much further than that!

For snacks I have fruit, or trail mix, or whole grain crackers. For desserts I have fruit, or a piece of chocolate, or right now we have jam tarts I made for Easter... mmm...

That's also a fine introduction to a fairly well balanced vegan eating plan
    "I'm not supposed to be like this, but it's okay" -- The Wrong Child, R.E.M.

Oh gosh I used to think I was a healthy eater till I saw this thread lol.

Breakfast: It varies day to day, but today I had a granola bar. Depending on the day ill either have oatmeal,cereal,toast, or some type of granola & nut bar. I have my "breakfast" around 10.

Lunch:Im at work during lunch time so I always pack myself something. Today I brought a cut up apple with lemon juice on it, some crackers, spinach dip, and macaroni salad(Spinach dip & macaroni salad were left overs from eater.) But depending on what I have in my little food stash ill either have cheese raviolies, fruit, pretzles, a sandwhich, or string cheese. Im not really a big lunch person, i usually just have a snack. I have lunch at about 1 or so depending on when I put the baby down for his nap.

Snack: I always snack when I get home from work&school. Today I had some crackers with cream cheese on them. Depending on the day ill have crackers, a granola bar, cheese, lunch meat, or a piece of bread.

Dinner: After I snack im not really too hungry. Tonight for dinner I had grilled chicken and Mac n Cheese,even tho I dont like mac n cheese. But my mom always makes a meat, a veggie, and a side. So for meats we will have either chicken, pork, or beef. Veggies are either corn,beans, asparagas, peas, carrots, or potatoes. And for a side its usuall some type of grain or pasta. Dinner is uaually at 6.

After dinner at around 8 or 9 I crave something sweet(got it from my mom) SO I will have either cookies, chocolate, toast, brownies, cake, or candy.

Overall I eat pretty ok I guess lol. I dont have to worrie about it tho because I can eat all I want and never gain a pound.
    But I have definantly realized I feel SOOOOO much better if I eat alot of raw fruits & veggies. Healthy food makes me feel 100% better.

My diet consists of a lot of yogurt, granola, oatmeal, raw nuts, cheese, fruit, sauteed or steamed veggies, whole wheat pasta, whole wheat bread, tofu, veggie burgers, rice, and peanut butter! I am Vegetarian so I focus on plant-based proteins and dairy proteins. My weakness is salty and spicy food so lots of potato chips!

The idea of a food itself making me sick doesn't really cross my mind as much as not being able to wash my hands before I eat or someone else touching my food...that's the only thing that prevents me from eating certain things sometimes.

I wish I could eat half that stuff! I have a restricted diet for medical reasons. Here's an example of my daily diet:

Breakfast- Weetabix with milk
    Lunch- cottage cheese, boiled egg, canned fruits with soya yoghurt
    Dinner- chicken with a homemade sauce, potato and veg mash
    Snacks- banana, homemade muffins
    Drinks- mainly water, but I do have a few cups of coffee in the mornings

I try to eat the recommended 5 portions of veg a day , & I have wholemeal bread & cottage cheese. I sometimes eat cereal bars, but I try to keep to 1500 calories a day, to keep my weight under control, & I have to watch out for cholesterol, as there`s a history of heart disease in my family.

I have to say that I somewhat suffer from fear of eating...you know, if you dont eat, you cannot p***! Of course I eat as healthy and as much as I can, but I do have serious issues, especially eating out :/
    Anyone else have a similar problem??

I pretty much stopped obsessing with diet a few years ago and started to enjoy my food! There are a few things I flat out don't eat (seafood being one of them) and I'm cautious over where I eat - but for the most part I'll eat anything.... yesterday for example

Brekkie - I had museli with super trim milk
    morning tea - i had a nutrigrain bar with a latte
    lunch - I had a mix of diffrent things from the sushi bar near work - YUM
    dinner -i experimented and made a veggie ramen soup - and it was delish

i've recently given up snacks - and I find I'm enjoying my meals more!

I'm always willing to try anything. I love trying new foods!
    My diet is something like this:
    Breakfast: Toast with vegemite or cheese, or both. OR eggs, spinach, and smoked salmon.
    Morning snack: Coffee and rice crackers, usually.
    Lunch: Sushi, usually. Or toasties.
    Afternoon snack: Nuts.
    Dinner: Chicken, or beef with vegetables.
    My downfall is snacks. I bake a lot, and so I eat a lot. I need to stop, or exercise to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mow View Post
    I have to say that I somewhat suffer from fear of eating...you know, if you dont eat, you cannot p***! Of course I eat as healthy and as much as I can, but I do have serious issues, especially eating out :/
    Anyone else have a similar problem??

I have the exact same issue, i tell myself i can't be ill if i dont eat. I am told this is untrue but i still have a very hard time believing it... its nice to know im not the only one who thinks this!!

Breakfast depends on if I go on break at work early. If I do, I have an egg biscuit and apple slices with water. If not, no breakfast.

Lunch (if I am at work): Side salad, apple slices water and a grilled chicken wrap with lettuce and tomatoe. At home: Pretty much the same thing, just maybe a turkey wrap instead.

Dinner: Usually mom makes chicken breast for me with a salad or something on the side.

On days I work, I eat maybe two meals. And on days I work AND have school, I eat one meal at work and bowl of cereal when I get home. lol

I eat pretty horrid.
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”