Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: OT-sports

Default OT-sports

just sitting here gettin into one of my favourite sports-rugby league. loving the state of origin. A lot of people get into it here. QLD vs NSW. arch rivals! im backin the blues (nsw). What sports do yo guys play/follow? I love sports. (excepts cricket, AFL and golf). My most favourite sport would have to be horsriding then footy (league)!! oh and tennis!
    Last edited by emmalinda; 06-15-2011 at 06:21 AM.
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

Default Re: OT-sports

Not sure what you mean by “footy” – is that Aussie Rules or what I in the UK would call footy/football? You know, Liverpool, AC Milan, Real Madrid, Pele, World Cup every four years… Anyway, that’s my favourite to follow (and still play once a week) with a close second (but not playing, lol!) being American football, which I love as it’s just so different from (our) football. I see it as sort of an ultra-violent form of chess…

Still on the theme of violence I usually watch the big boxing matches and actually have a borderline obsession with the heavyweights, going way back in history and across loads of biographies, books and DVDs. Fancy being bored senseless by whether Jack Johnson was better then Joe Louis, or if Jack Dempsey could have beaten Rocky Marciano? I’m your man…

The biggest participation though is running, as I run four times a week and take part in about 15 races each year, across 5k, 10k and Half Marathons although strangely enough I hardly watch athletics anymore. I used to love it but finally got fed up with one drugs scandal too many and so now only watch the sort of races (10k road races or Half marathons for instance) that I take part in myself.

That’s about it although you can also add a bit of tennis (watching) and swimming (not competitively, just down at the local leisure centre!) to the above as well.

I watch Wimbledon when Nadal is playing.

Wow - he's cute isn't he? I don't think I'd ever noticed before! Might tune in now I know that, haha. I like all the adverts for Wimbledon at the moment going through the different decades. I'm totally rubbish at all sports unfortunately. I quite like seeing the Olympics when that's on, including the Winter ones where they have all that lovely ice-dancing

there are a few cute tennis players. i like watching the tennis
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

Quote Originally Posted by cinque View Post
    Wow - he's cute isn't he? I don't think I'd ever noticed before! Might tune in now I know that, haha. I like all the adverts for Wimbledon at the moment going through the different decades. I'm totally rubbish at all sports unfortunately. I quite like seeing the Olympics when that's on, including the Winter ones where they have all that lovely ice-dancing
    Yes! I was watching the first time he won Wimbledon and have been a fan ever since!

Footy for me is Australian Rules Football, for some its Rugby. If you're my boyfriend, Footy is soccer.

I like watching dancing, tap especially. I like gymnastics as well as equestrian sports and swimming, and AFL and soccer

I'm not a huge sport fan though.

Footy for me is Australian Rules Football, for some its Rugby. If you're my boyfriend,Footy is soccer.
    I like this man, he actually calls it by the correct name, Soccer is Football
    Soccer is just a horrible name lol, but you call it when you want.

As for me I don't really watch sport.
    "Free speech is like money, some just have a lot more of it than others"

Formerly GuitarFreak

Mr Parker, agreed, soccer is a horrible word and I've never used it!

I was surprised though at just how old it was, as I'd always thought it was an American expression from the 1970s in relation to their league (Pele playing for the New York Cosmos and all that) to differentiate it from their football (gridiron), so was really surprised to see some Pathe newsreel footage from about 1937 once where the commentator said, "..and everyone is happy because the soccer season is underway"!

When I was a little kid, I learnt that the game where you don't use your hands and kick around a ball and try and get it in the net was Soccer... I agree, it'd be more aptly named football but hey, it's a habit. Just don't tell my boyfriend I said that, whatever you do or I'll never live it down!! :P

football to me is rugby. or i call it footy. my step dad calls soccer-football cause hes from the chanel islands. its very confusing! lol.