Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default My Emetaphobia Experience

Hello everyone.... this is my first time really discussing my emet experience. I am a 28 year old male. Ive struggled with this fear for as long as i can remember. I had panic attacks during mass in elementary school everyday and would have to leave. One thing unuasual about my case is that I am actually overweight although i do suffer from food anxiety. I have only gotten sick three times in my 28 years and i hope it stays that way. I have also had minor OCD symptoms throughout my life. I am happy to say that I have gotten a lot better in the last couple of years. I believe I am better due to a few things. Firstly, my marriage has helped. My wife is prone to motion sickness and medication that makes her ill and forcing myself not to panic the desire to be with her has desensitised me. Also, I am a real fan of the Jackass program and watching them all the time has helped.. A very big hurdle for me was that i recently began working in the aviation industry and have battled through those challenges.

Thank you everyone for reading my ranting. Ive never discussed this much with anyone...

Default Re: My Emetaphobia Experience

welcome to the forum. sounds like you've conquered alot of the emet fears already.....awesome

i know that coming to this forum and being able to discuss all the crazy feelings i have has helped me immensley......just the fact of knowing that you're not alone helps i think

again welcome and good luck
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.