Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Besides Emet...what else are you afraid of

Like, what else are you afraid of (or not keane) on doing in public, alone, etc

Mine is a little strange, but I've always had this crazy fear of pooping in a public bathroom lol...odd I know, but I'm always afraid somebody will hear someting, smell something, etc. I used to work in the mall and if I had a very bad stomach ache, I would make my dad come pick me up because I was afraid of somebody walking in on me in the bathroom...I'm so delighted when there is a public restroom that either has music playing or is a single bathroom.

I'm weird I guess....lol

Default Re: Besides Emet...what else are you afraid of

I hate talking to strangers on the phone. I think it's a fear of saying the wrong thing or not having the information or answers they need or just getting downright pissed at them (I'm referring to corporations and businesses etc...)

But actual phobias? I am deathly terrified of cockroaches. If I see one I squeal and make somebody kill it and they have to take it far away (throw it in the bin or over the fence) before I can calm down.

Someone breaking into my house. In the past, there have been three separate times where someone has either tried to break into my house or actually has broken into my house. Once it was at my bedroom window (thankfully I was sleeping on the couch) and my mom scared them off. Another time I was having a sleepover and that night someone broke into our garage and stole two bikes and a chainsaw. The last time it was during the day while my dad and I weren't home but they took our stereo, 5-disc CD player, my Nintendo 64 (this was back in like 2001 I believe), all my CD's, my dad's CD's.. basically anything that was electronic and worth money. I was so upset.

All that being said, til this day I cannot sleep without knowing all the doors are locked and I can't have the windows open very wide in my bedroom. I get freaked out that someone might try to climb in even though they are too high to reach unless you stand on a chair or something.
    My Mantra:
    If you continue to do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
    -Originally an IES member since October, 2009-

I'm really scared of people in costumes. Not because of the costume itself (i.e a lot of people are scared of clowns) but because if the person's face is covered I don't know who is in the costume and that has always freaked me out.

I have a phobia of calling people on the telephone. That's getting better, I can now call my friends, and use the phone in an emergency, but if I don't HAVE to call them I get so freaked out.

I'm also afraid of being late for important things. I've been known to panic in the car on the way to places, it's worse if it's something I'm nervous about, like an audition or a recital or something.

Hairy backs, when I see one I feel like I'm going to pass out.

Rides. I hate rides.. not even b/c of emet. I just am terrified. Also small spaces, even big places, but the the fear of me not being able to get out like if I'm testing I feel trapped b/c everythings quiet and I get so nervous.
    This too, shall pass

I'm terrified of spiders.

Nothin'... now if only I could get rid of emet...
    "I'm not supposed to be like this, but it's okay" -- The Wrong Child, R.E.M.

Lots...haha

I am terrified of calling people on the phone...this is especially upsetting because if I am babysitting and god forbid anything ever happens I wont be able to call 911 :/ !!!!!!

Bugs bugs bugs bugs!!! especially bees and spiders

Mirrors

Many social situations

Eating in public or in front of people

Using public bathrooms

My alarm clock not going off in the morning...ok i knwo this one is silly but i have to set at least three alarms every night and check them all ten times eah before I can fall asleep...then if i am still afraid it wont wake me I sleep walk :/

Ummm I used to have an extremely severe phobia of dogs but now I am ok

there are more...but i cant think of them atm

I'm afraid of pooping in a public bathroom as well, but really anywhere where someone else is present. It's taken me 6 yrs to poop with him in the house. I'm also afraid of heights and roller coasters

I just remembered to other major ones for me

dont know how i could have forgot these!!!

- competition
    - sports that aren't individual/competative sport
    - I have severe perfectionism, so i panic badly if i feel i may mess something up. i have actual panic attacks if i dont do perfectly...like if a i get a b on a test I act fine in school but as soon as i get home I fall into a very bad place, lose all self worth, hate myself, get suicidal, feel as if everyone views me as a faliure and get so so scared...so i guess i have a fear of failure.

Confrontation. Of any variety, I feel like if I'm under pressure I can't express myself well and stumble over my words. It's awful. I hate it and do anything to avoid it!

And being late. HATE being late. It drives me absolutely crazy!
    "I'd rather cross the line and suffer the consequences, than stare at the line for the rest of my life." <3

Tornadoes..... I always have nightmares about them. Luckily not recently. I also live in an area where people assume tornadoes dont hit but one hit less than 50 miles from my house about a month ago.

I used to be very afraid of becoming pregnant. However, the idea of it doesnt scare me anymore. it would more be a thing like "weeeellllllllllllll" because i am still going to school and me and my boyfriend havent been together long enough. I want to be able to have a life with him first. I feel that's best and most healthy.

Spiders, pregnancy, heights and dead people.

What happened to me? As a child the only thing I feared was eating brussel sprouts!! *sigh*

Wow, I was actually thinking of starting a thread like this haha.

I'm deathly afraid of those damn pincher bugs. They scare the HELL out of me!! That's the only bug in the world that will make me scream if I see it.
    I'm claustrophobic, even the mere thought of being in a tight spot just freaks me out. I'm just horribly afraid of being trapped in anything. That's why this phobia is so bad
    I also have a horrible phobia of my boyfriend cheating on me or leaving me for another girl :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Wise View Post
    Spiders, pregnancy, heights and dead people.

What happened to me? As a child the only thing I feared was eating brussel sprouts!! *sigh*
    .. but do you like Brussels sprouts now?
    "I'm not supposed to be like this, but it's okay" -- The Wrong Child, R.E.M.

I'm afraid of heights, bridges and water.

im terrified of bees and wasps....so i have to put up with my emet in the winter, then them in the summer :/

I am afraid of success. That's probably why I have this stupid emetophobia.

I am afraid of birds, public toilets, dentists, operations, v* and masks
    but only deathly afraid of v* and masks when i was little we were on holiday in bali and we were going to a show one of thoes monkey shows where there are people dressed in costume with monkey masks on. i had fallen asleep in the van on the way to the show so my parents left me asleep in the van with my minder when i woke up my minder took me to my parents and bam. my parent brought a mask to bring home as a souviner and my mum and brother use to use it to scare the hell out of me th mouth moves and its wooden so it makes a weird noise that was when i was like 4 or 5 im 28 now and im still extremly scared of it my mum and husband found it and he had no idea of how scared of it i was and got it out my mum was laughing while i was shaking scraming and crying looking for a place to run and hide

Getting Old. I'm only 21 and dread every birthday and cried when I turned 20.
    Getting Fat
    And being a failure.

Next to vomiting, those three things are in my mind the most.
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”

I'm a bit of an arachnaphobe to be honest. I'm also an airsofter so when I saw a spider in my room it would normally end up blasted off a wall with the BB gun. I then developed a profound respect for all things alive and thought "Why should that wee creature have to die just because I don't like it?" So now I just catch them and put them back outside where they belong.

Strannik

My biggest fear is living alone forever. I guess what I mean is never getting married? It sounds silly when I say it like that haha.

I'm terrified of mice and whales. Pretty sure those are the only animals that make me cringe.

Uhmmm... I'm scared of eating cherries. Since I'm highly allergic to them.

I think that's about it.
    Add me on facebook! I'm always up for new friends. (:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am afraid of of course Vomiting* Fainting* Cancer* Dizziness* well basically anything that has to do with my health :O

crdo8...i think i share your fear of aging, im 14. I cried when I turned 13, cried when I turned 14 and since then I panic and get very depressive worrying about turning 15...

NOTHING comes even close to this fear...but I'm with randall. I hate bees, wasps, hornets, etc.

exoskeleton bugs, bad car accidents, milk, and finally creepy looking men. I feel like man is our biggest predator and I've had a man stare into my window in the dark before. I never been so scared in my entire life when I seen his face, I screamed and he ran off. I have also been chased through an apartment complex by a man who I didn't know. I was lucky to find a neighbor near by to shelter me while the police were called. I have been traumatized a couple times :/
    My Jacob makes life beautiful.

I'm scared of the following, aside from vomiting...

* Losing a child or other family member
    * Losing my husband
    * Not ever having children
    * Being late on any bills
    * Clowns
    * SNAKES! This is the only one that comes close to emet
    * Spiders
    * Granddaddy long legs
    * The dark
    * Food touching on my plate
    * Scary movies
    * Feet! Ick!
    * Cancer
    * Witnessing the death of a child or baby
    * Nausea
    * Traveling
    * Heights
    * Airplanes
    * Enclosed spaces
    * Public restrooms
    * Large dogs
    * Birds/chickens (long story)
    * Worms and bugs

I'm sure there are plenty more, but I can't think of any specifically right now. Lol.
    Jennifer

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So, love the people who treat you right, forgive the ones who don't and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it! Nobody said it'd be easy, they just promised IT WOULD BE WORTH IT!"

My Emet Vlog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I don't have any other phobias, but I am scared of slugs and snails, also being late and pooping in public.

Slugs and snails only really bother me now when they 'surprise' me (like if you open the door, go to step out and realise there's one you're about to tread on). It was a phobia, but I did a lot of work on it as a teenager, and now if I know it's there I'm OK.

As for being late, if I think I'm going to be late I get anxious, my heart speeds up/ misses a beat and I sweat and fidget a lot. Going to work, I allow an hour to do a 20 minute journey. If it's something important like an exam, I have been known to allow 2 hours for a 25 minute journey!

Once I was on a camping holiday for a week and I held it all that time! Also in hospital I couldn't go for nearly a week. Most of the time if I'm out of the house I don't actually need to go, but then as soon as I get home I'm desperate!