Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Caused by love??

Hi there, im new to the website so sorry if you all dont know me!

it all happened when i was 16 year old, i come home to find the woman i loved very much ( who i have dated since a very young age ) had finally decided to break up with me, i came on the computer to see this message and went straight to the toilet as i was V*

I know its somthing to do with this, because when i met her a year or so after this i felt extreemly sick when i came face to face with her and allmost V*... but calmed down somehow.

Ever since ive had this problem, im being paranoid that anything i eat im going to be sick? I tend to go out litralley starving so i know i wont be sick, but this shouldent be happening its ruining my life.

Has anyone else had this problem caused by love?

thanks for taking time to read this, advice or help would be beyond amazing.

Default Re: Caused by love??

I think that most people who have emet have it because they connect vomiting with a traumatic experience, which would be your break up.

If it helps, when you're feeling afraid to eat, the BRAT diet (banana, rice, applesauce and toast) is good, these are all bland foods that are easy on the stomach and unlikely to make you sick.

As for the problem being caused by love, mine's not caused by it, but I'm emetophobic and my boyfriend is ill a lot of the time, and it makes things extremely difficult.

There's a lot of information on this site, so if you have a bit of a look through everything, you should find some help, and never hesitate to ask questions

I hope you find comfort and support here. Welcome to IES.
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.