Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Panic Attacks/Meds

I think I need some meds..its seems as if I'm getting panic attacks more often, even if they are small ones that I try to ignore.

I don't know if its the heat or what, but I'm getting very anxious these last few weeks here and there...again, I felt a little off at a wedding I was at. Maybe its the combination of a dim room filled with lots of people? I love people and love being around them. So I don't know whats wrong with me lately!

That being said, what are some meds given for panic attacks? I don't think I need anything heavy duty, just a little relaxant.

Default Re: Panic Attacks/Meds

Everyone is different, but I take generic xanax, which is alprozolam and I just started taking celexa and its helped greatly.
    This too, shall pass

Thanks Stephanie for responding, I definately think I need something, my anxiety at night is creeping up on me...it sucks

Good luck I had to go through like 4 different ones before I found one that didn't make my anxiety WORSE. Right now I'm on Cymbalta.

I take alprozolam too. They give me 0.5mg pills. I break them in half because usually that's all I need... during a bad attack, I'll take the other half. They're so perfect, I actually wrote a poem about them once. lol "half a milligram of a miracle" it makes me feel normal when normal seems an impossibility. I know some people take xanex recreationally, which I've also tried - it's terrible. If you're not panicky, the pills just put you to sleep. When you are panicky, they bring you down enough to feel normal without being too sleepy. Sometimes though, sleep is all you want, in which case, they're good all the way around. My mom and boyfriend had them prescribed as a sleep aid, actually.

Good question Erica, I need something too for my panic that is worse at nights. I'm going to the doc tomorrow and thought of asking for Beta blockers to try? (I read online that they help block the release of adrenaline which causes panic attacks). Have you tried those already?