Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default not scary in baby

i dont think its scary in babys...the one i babysit for she spit up alot and i wasnt scared. she spit up on me to. i dont know its just not the same if its just spit up

is anyone like this?

Default Re: not scary in baby

Yeah, baby spit up doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I usually laugh about it if they do it on me. I think it gets really gross when they start eating lots of solids. That's just me though.
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneGoodallFan View Post
    i dont think its scary in babys...the one i babysit for she spit up alot and i wasnt scared. she spit up on me to. i dont know its just not the same if its just spit up

is anyone like this?
    OMG you sound so much like me...yeah, babies don't scare me because they spit up a little, even if they vomit, its only a little bit haha. As they get older, it gets more and more, then it gets scary lmfao.

I'm just so scared a baby is gonna barf on me someday (which I do want kids some time in my life) so....lol I guess I need to wear a shield

That's why mummies wear a towel on their shoulder when they're burping their babies.

I babysat once, the protocol was to feed her a bottle before I put her to sleep, so I did. I didn't know that just before I arrived, the mother had fed her yogurt and variety of other dairy things. That little baby threw up 5 times the volume of what I thought could fit in her little belly. Projectile. I freaked out. Had to call my mom to come help me because I couldn't handle it.

Hm, that's very interesting because babies (and animals) v*ing do not bother me, either. Although I think had I experienced what Nicole29 did just above, I may feel differently. That sounds frightening to me.

When I think about becoming a parent in the next few years (I'm 28), I have a lot of mixed feelings. On the one hand, I know that baby v doesn't feel like a trigger for me, but I know they're going to grow up. In the past, I have said that "talking" seems to be the threshold for me; once they're talking, the potential of them v*ing suddenly becomes scary to me. How arbitrary. What do others think?

Perhaps you'll kind of grow with the baby, SnowballsChance. I don't know how your mind works of course, but maybe you'll start out being okay with baby vomit, and then the first time your baby as a toddler gets sick, you'll find you're less freaked out, and less freaked out as the time goes on, until you find you're fine with your kids getting sick, too. That happened to a mother at my high school. I was talking to the school nurse about emetophobia and this lady was there picking up her daughter (who was vomiting) and she told me how she used to be emetophobic but she grew out of it when she had children.