Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Argh night sweats

I must be so stressed and anxious at the moment that I'm getting the night sweats. I literally woke up during the night in a small puddle dripping with sweat has anyone had this? Ive never had this before an it's not nice.

Default Re: Argh night sweats

I know this is going to sound awful, but I don't mean it that way, but could you just be hot? That being said, I did ask for a reason. I find I get more anxious (even when I'm asleep, I wake up anxious) if I'm hot. Usually if I take off a layer (I sleep with a sheet, a blanket and a quilt on me, so I take off the quilt, usually) I don't get the sweats and I wake up better rested and less anxious if I wake during the night
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mumof2, how old are you? Sometimes night sweats can be hormonal. Or sometimes I just get them when I am under the weather.

Kaydee I've had them for 3 nights now but I do have a cold at the moment although I've never had this before. I mean really drenched! I was warm but I've never been like that when I'm just warm, I barely sweat normally.

Rebecca I'm 27, not ready for the menopause yet! Although it could still be hormonal if I had a baby 5 months and maybe that's contributing to my suspected depression.

Like I said, I wasn't trying to be a bitch about it, it's just sometimes I wake up in a sweat and I'm like "Oh my god, I'm sweating, there has to be something wrong, I'm sweating!" and then I kind of come around a bit and I have to laugh because I'm like "Oh duh, I'm hot!!" It could be anxiety, but I haven't heard of someone being THAT anxious in their sleep that they sweat. If it continues, maybe a trip to your GP might shed some light?
    Come visit my history blog:

Hi There!

I am just at the end of a grose cold myself and i too have been experiencing the night sweats, i think its just one of the side effects to having the cold/flu and a way of the virus trying to escape your body (Which is a good thing).

However if this still continues after you are feeling 100% then it may be something to look into with your GP.

No worries Kaydee I was maybe being paranoid

Kirsty last night I didnt have any and my cold has now gone! Must have just been that.

I know what you mean, night sweats can be very unpleasant sometimes, especially if we wake up because of them. As strange as it sounds, sometimes I prefer being really warm (even if it means being sweaty) to being really cold. I've lived my whole life on the cold prairies of Canada, so I could never sleep at night if I had gut-wrenching chills. A few years ago I had a fever after a bad chill when I got the H1N1 virus, but I felt so much better after sweating it all out.

But if you find the night sweats are too uncomfortable, try having a fan near the end of your bed, aiming for your feet. I also use layers of light blankets on my bed, so that if I'm too hot, I'll toss one off, or if I'm too cold I'll pile on another one.