Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default New to Emetophobia Society

Hi

I'm new to this site and whole concept of emetophobia. I have suffered it for many years but I always thought I was different. It never occured to me it would be a real phobia. I don't even know what triggered it. Maybe that isn't the important part. The important part would be for me to get well and soon . Now that I know it's possible to get better. I'm sick and tired of this almost constant fear.

We are traveling by car this weekend and I don't have a clue if someone is motion sick and then there is going to be a party in this house where we are going to spend the night. I'm already thinking a little bit what is it going to be like for me. When someone is sick I get shivers and I want to run away as fast as I can..

Default Re: New to Emetophobia Society

Welcome to the forums!

With the motion sickness and the party, can you ask if you can travel a way that's on a lot of highways, not too many windy roads, and keeping the windows open can sometimes work. Just remember that you can't catch it even if someone does get motion sick. I would take an ipod or something to block out the sound.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.