Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red face what does your name mean?

Theres a lot of people on here who have all sorts of names. Im just wondering if there was a story behind some of them. I used my full first name on here because like that, my emetophobia is very rarley spoken of with anyone outsde this forum and my phsycocogist office. I never even got emmalinda when i was in trouble. the only person who calls me that is my boss, (which really annoys me), and a couple of my friends when they're drunk. I feel im laying eveything out on the table when i come here. So i thought well no point holding back with my name. What does everyones name mean?
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

Default Re: what does your name mean?

Haha wow, you're just like me. No one ever calls me by my first name either, and I feel strange when they do....I like the symbolism you used in choosing your name on here!

My real name is Megan (well, middle name)....I just chose "TheSweetThinker" because 1) I enjoy thinking/daydreaming and philosophy (synonym for a philosopher is simply a "thinker"), and 2) I love sugar, so I stuck "sweet" in my name....trust me, I didn't put it in there to insinuate that I'm a sweet person, lol I'm an anti-socialite with a rather bad temper.

Interesting thread to start....=)
    Panic at the thought of doing something is a challenge to do it.

Steelers Country! Pennsylvania, United states

I used my first name, my favorite number, and my middle name I also was wondering if anyone can tell me how I can put a picture on here. I just joined yesterday and I cant figure out how to do it! I'm not that computer illiterate but I can't figure out how! lol. Thanks for the help!

I used my favorite food!!! lol i was named after the actress Rachel Ward because my mom liked her and she just happened to marry my dad who had the last name Ward lol so i am Rachel!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

@Valerie13Ann: I had the same thing happen to me when I first joined earlier this month! I think you'll have to make a few more posts before the avatar option is available to you, not sure how many though....I think it's 10 posts total, maybe? But either way, the upload option will show up once you've reached the quota!

My name, and avatar, are telling of my addiction to sunny, pleasant days. :0)

Some people like cloudy or rainy days, but they instantly depress me. Something I really should get over, but just the idea of a blue, sunny sky gives me hope that things are going to be alright. Kinda sentimental, I know.

Steelers Country! Pennsylvania, United states

Quote Originally Posted by TheSweetThinker View Post
    @Valerie13Ann: I had the same thing happen to me when I first joined earlier this month! I think you'll have to make a few more posts before the avatar option is available to you, not sure how many though....I think it's 10 posts total, maybe? But either way, the upload option will show up once you've reached the quota!
    Thanks! the option finally came up! I was happy I could post a signature and a picture! lol.
    Nothing's gonna change destiny,
    Whatever's meant to be will work out perfectly.

My name on here was chosen because as cliche as it sounds one of the prettiest things I have ever seen was when I was camping and the whole sky was full of stars that were amazingly bright. It was around the time of a "meteor shower" and there was so many shooting stars! Before this I had never seen one, then a very bright light which was different colours shot over the sky which the next day was on the news as a comet. It was really nice to see so I used it here . My actual name is Jenna Meryl, Jenna is named after my aunt and Meryl is from my mums favorite book

My first name is Lisa and my maiden name started with 'Lu' and my married name starts with 'Lu' so my husband calls me 'Lulu' or 'Lu'
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace."- Thomas Paine

There are some really interesting stories behind people's names here!

Mine is a bit more everyday although is at least the first music based one on this thread. It's a reference to UK singer/songwriter Beth Orton, who I really like but I'm guessing most people on here probably haven't heard of! She's a bit niche in all honesty... (Few YouTube links below if anyone's interested.) The strange thing is that she's completely different to what I usually listen to (put it this way - guitars of varying volumes), although the reason I've got such a soft spot for her is probably down to precisely that uniqueness. Anyway, I was searching around for a username on a forum years ago, had just listened to one of her albums and so that was that. In fact, to keep things simple I've used that name or a variant of it on all the forums I've ever joined, although I've never managed to top even a dozen posts anywhere else before this place! The "99" is a reference to when I first started listening to her, the year her second album came out.

I keep thinking I should put an avatar up although of course the obvious one of Beth herself sort of rules itself out as people would probably get the wrong end of the stick and think it was me! (We're both English and born in the same decade and that's about as far as the similarities go...)

Finally, as most on this thread are revealing their real names I might as well join in - I'm Andrew in the real world. Mind you, it's not that it's any huge secret or anything - I get on really well with Tasha (Tasha '93) and if you look at her replies to my replies on her threads she's always letting my real name slip bless her, so it'd be a bit pointless to try and hide it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOSbzSoiriU&ob=av2e

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th3gkE_sP9k&ob=av2n

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ-63s5xHy4

I don't how I got my name, I was probably drunk or something.
    "Free speech is like money, some just have a lot more of it than others"

Formerly GuitarFreak

Well, for starters. My real name is Michelle

When I made this name, I chose Jade because its my favorite gemstone. I've also used it as my AIM screename for years! (LovelyCastInJade) Its symbolic for energy and harmony. It's also in some way incorporated in the month of March, which is the month I was born in. The Night is because that's what energizes me, and keeps me in harmony.

my first name is lauren and 37 is my lucky number it was my grandpas football number

Hi,

Regan Storm are the first and middle name that I would have given my child if I had had one.
    Unfortunately Emet and other phobias have put paid to the chances of that ever happening!
    C'est la vie! Life goes on.

My name on here is my ebay name lol, was far too lazy to think of a new one. My first name is actually Randall, which is very uncommon here in the UK, even more uncommon considering I am actually female. Spent most of my life hating the name. Don't know how it came about though :?

Actually, "Randall" does sound rather feminine....it's almost like "Crystal" or "Kendall", just with a "Rand" at the beginning of it

My name (Eilidh) is Scottish Gaelic for Helen.
    My father and his family are all from the isle of Lewis and speak Gaelic so hence why I'm called Eilidh!
    The reason behind my username is my friends call me eils and I'm 20 yrs old, pretty simple!
    (p.s My middle name is agnes which I HATE!!! Sounds so typically Scottish huh? Horrible haha)
    Last edited by eils20; 07-31-2011 at 10:02 PM.

i love reading about how everyone got their names. really interesting
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

"Gryphon"; originally "griffin", came from my cousin. She was really heavy into fantasy type stuff and got me hooked on gryphons after having me read a book.

"True" come from the fact that I couldn't use my usual screen name one day and had to think of something else. I now use "truegryphon" just about everywhere, lol.

My real name being David/Dave. Boring, I know, lol.

Kaydee was something my best friend's grandfather used to call me, and I'm not sure why, whether he was confusing me with another friends of hers or something... And I used to get on really well with him. He was an old jazz musician and he was one of the reasons I'm so into music. He kept playing even after he was both blind and deaf. He didn't sound as good as he once did, but it was his passion that was inspiring.

Jayde was meant to be my name when I was born but when my mum first saw me, her first thought was "She doesn't look like a Jayde..." so called me Erin >.< I would have preferred Jayde.
    Come visit my history blog:

Sadly, there's no interesting story behind my name. My name is Kailyn. Hence the kaiilyn part. I don't know why I bothered with two I's, that was stupid. 23 is my favourite number, because of Michael Jordan... my favourite athlete, ever. Everyone automatically assumes it's my addiction to One Tree Hill and Nathan Scott/James Lafferty, but in all complete honesty it's Michael Jordan!

That's my story. So fascinating.

Anyway, my middle name is Lori-Jean. People are like, "What?" and I have no shame, at all, because that's my aunts name and she's the best aunt in the world, I'm so proud to wear her name. I love it when she calls me Kailyn Lori Jean, she always calls me that or KLJ. So damn proud to have her name!

My nicknames are K-MAC, kitten, and KK was my old one but nobody really calls me that anymore. Kmac comes from my name, Kailyn, and my last name being Macdonald. My cousin and I are K Mac. My other cousin is B-Mac, and my dad's J-MAC lol. Kitten comes from my best friend, because I love to make meowing sounds and I love cats, LOL! And KK was my original, first nick name, given to me in kindergarten.. . simply because of the "K" in my name. Nobody calls me that anymore, though! It's either K-MAC, kitten, or "Cherry Bomb", as in the song from the Runaways. Or Kalyn... like Kah-Lyn. Random nick name from my friend, sometimes it goes to Kalynyn (Kah-Lyn-In) lol.

Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

My real name is Serb.
    "Free speech is like money, some just have a lot more of it than others"

Formerly GuitarFreak

My screen name comes from 2 places. I've always got plenty of energy and rarely stay still. Also, I have a hobby of building custom turbocharging systems for car engines. I'm a horsepower junky! I do lots of work with turbochargers; as well as having a very animated, active personality.

So there you have it!

Of course my real name is David or Dave as my real-life friends call me!

Later,
    David

I think my name is pretty self explanatory. I am very much an unapologetic "Barbie girl"/"princess" type of personality, just with a little more intellectual substance. And I want to look like a Barbie and hate that I don't. Pretty boring, lol.
    Disclaimer: Any nutritional or health related advice I give is well intentioned and intended for general educational purposes only that may or may not apply to your personal health situation. It does NOT in any way, shape or form constitute as medical or dietetic advice. I am not your nutritionist and you are not my patient. Please discuss anything you may learn from any of my health related posts with your doctor and nutritionist prior to making any related changes.

Love me or hate me I am who I am. It isn't going to change. Don't confuse a succinct response or commitment to accuracy as being cavalier or patronizing.

The meaning behind my username is simple.. I like, no wait, I love cupcakes. So there ya go : )

My real name is Jordan though.
    My Mantra:
    If you continue to do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
    -Originally an IES member since October, 2009-

I'm a huge Heath Ledger fan, so when The Dark Knight was released, I was obsessed (and still am) with his performance as the Joker. My friends started calling me The Harlequin - as in Harley Quinn.

Old usernames
    Abbu - after the monkey in Aladdin, courtesy of my sister.
    CherBirdi - my brother thinks I look like Cher Lloyd from the X Factor, and calls me The CherBird.
    Last edited by Harlequin; 08-05-2011 at 09:36 AM.

haha im pretty sure you can figure out what me screen name means on here

My screen name comes from high school. I'm not too sure who thought of it but I was given the nickname Bixzy and my best friend was given Nixzy. We always said when we become famous musicians we'd keep these nicknames haha.

My real name is Elizabeth. Doesn't fit me at all. My friends call me Liz and my relatives call me Lizzie which makes me feel like a child. I was named after my grandmother.
    Mine's so exciting!
    Add me on facebook! I'm always up for new friends. (:

Quote Originally Posted by MrParker View Post
    My real name is Serb.
    is that really your name?

No, Serb is not his name, as far as I know. :P
    Come visit my history blog: