Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Post Housewives of New Jersey

Do any of you watch the show "Housewives of New Jersey" on Bravo TV?
    Last nights show was shot during Christmas (my most scarey time of the year) and one of the housewives who has 4 little girls was opening presents. After that the oldest girl who is about 10 said she didn't feel good and went into the bathroom and *v*. They showed her and you could hear it. The part that amazed me was nobody freaked out. I had a head full of questions. Did she have a fever? Was it noro? Will everyone in the family now be sick? and on and on.
    The mother Teresa, took a picture of her daugher who was then sitting on the couch and handed her a cup of tea to drink. That was it!

Default Re: Housewives of New Jersey

i watched that last night also......and also was amazed at how calm and collected everybody stayed......including gia.......wish i could be that way......i could just imagine if teresa was an emet.......total freak out for the rest of the show.....lol.......

my goal is to be that cool, calm and collected when i or someone around me gets sick
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I watch it and I saw previews last week that showed someone got s*. My mom watches it too and I was talking to her about it this morning and said the same thing, I wish I could go about my day like that. In my house it would have been a week to two weeks of panic and I would have been no good that day at all. I WISH it could be like that for me. I would have been waiting for everyone else in the family to come down with it and I would have been sanitizing everything!!

I watched it today and it cut out beforecthat scene! Ugh

I watched it this morning and I told myself I wasn't going to look away or mute the TV and I didn't It does reinforce my fear of the holidays and sicknesses though :/
    My Mantra:
    If you continue to do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
    -Originally an IES member since October, 2009-

Ashely and Cupcake.. You and me both with the sanitizing and the intense fear during the holidays. I have a millions questions running through my head while watching that scene. Did she have a fever? Was it something she ate or was it a virus? How many of the family members that were exposed to her on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day get sick if it was a virus? On and On.... but then I was trying to calm myself by watching Teresa who thought nothing of it. Even the little girl Gia wasn't upset. I wish I could be like that too.

I watched it too, and I hope im like that next time Im sick. They were all just like whatever about it