Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: cant handle it

Unhappy cant handle it

i keep woundering if i will ever grow out of this, its totally taken over my life, just dont know what to do with myself

Default Re: cant handle it

feel the same way sometimes. have u contacted a therapist? were all here for u

Don't give up. Easy for me to say because sometimes I just feel so fed up with it all and just feel like I can't go on like this anymore. But it will get easier the more you learn of ways to deal with it all. Have you asked your doc about therapy? I'm going to try it. Hang in there and get as much help with it as you can. Try thinking of what hobbies you enjoy doing that takes your mind off it a bit and focus on the positive things in life. It will get easier

I know it seems hard right now but I promise you, it will get better. Even if it doesn't completely go away, you won't be in the spot you are in now for the rest of your life.

If I can suggest anything, it would be to get in touch with a therapist who can help you learn some coping skills and work with you to overcome your fears. It does take work for the phobia to go away and I believe that if you want to get rid of it, you have to take action. It won't just go away on it's own. You have to challenge your mind to think outside of the "danger" you think you are in and just go for it.

It's ruined a good number of years of my life and I don't want it to ruin anymore. We all have so much going for ourselves and this fear isn't welcome in any of our lives.
    My Mantra:
    If you continue to do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
    -Originally an IES member since October, 2009-

I understand you, sometimes I cry about hours because this phobia makes me tired and frustrated.. and I'm afraid to go to a therapist because I don't want to depend on meds and my family can't afford it. BUT I believe we will get better and someday we will be able to share our evolution and help people in the same situation