Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Need Help desperately!

I am 16 years old and have struggled with emetophobia my whole life. I only just found out that I wasn't crazy. It isn't so much other v*, it's more the fear the I myself will. It's controlling me. I can't be around my own sister because she's I'll often. I'm terrified I may catch a bug. Last time I felt as if I may v*, I screamed and woke up my mother. I sat in the bathroom hyperventilating and crying until the feeling had passed. I live in constant fear that I may v*. my last experience was just fine, no problem. Exposure treatment would be nice but I can't being myself to induce vomiting on myself. I just can't do it. Ive told my parents that I have a serious phobia, yet this is the exact response. "Emetophobia is real, but you don't have it, you're just neurotic and OCD! I cry myself to sleep and school has become an evil I will try to avoid at all costs. I can't ask my parents for therapy! I've tried everything! Please help! I can't live another day like this!

Default Re: Need Help desperately!

Hi and welcome to the site! I'm just moving your post to the "Help and Support" section so you are sure to get some replies.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Need Help desperately!

You definitely do not need to self induce vomiting to overcome your fear. That would most likely hinder the recovery process and possibly even decrease your chances for recovery altogether. You definitely control your own treatment. You do only what you are comfortable with. There are ways to overcome this phobia, all of which require patience and determination. Just keep at it and ask yourself what you would like to accomplish. Perhaps it would be productive to set up some short term and eventually long term goals for yourself for what you would like to accomplish. Good luck!