Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My daughter has the flu. The regular actual Influenza thing. But why is everyone surprised that she is not V**. My MIL came to pick up my 2 other kids yesterday and brought over 2 bottles of Sprite and said for her not to be dehydrated, and she should be able to keep this down. I said to her " Oh, no she isnt sick like that." Then I was on the phone with my cousin and she was surprised that she wasnt V***, and also my brother was surprised. What's up with that??? I have never heard of Influenza causing V***!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Neither of my kids has ever v'ed from the flu, either. Sometimes, if you say you have the flu, they think "sv". Why did someone decide to call a bug the "flu"?? Now people have no idea what they are sick with!

Oh that happens all the time, you say flu and people think throwing up. There's a guy I work with that does that all the time, no matter how many times I tell him the flu is respiratory, he acts all confused each time you say it. I agree with Donna, why did a stomach thing ever get called the flu when it's so not???
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Oh, now it gets better. Her Dr. office just called a little while ago to say her strep culture came back positive!!!! They did a rapid in the office and it was negative, so now its~ take her off the Tamiflu... which just cost me a 20 dollar co-pay... and now she gets Amoxiciilan!! She just about junped out of her underwear when she heard that she didnt have to take the Tamiflu anymore, cause I guess it was really gross tasting and she was just about gagging when she took it last. So my days just keep getting better and better LOL. The funny part of the people wondering why she wasnt V*** is that I told them she had Influenza and I didnt just say the flu. So now its off to CVS again and she really wants to eat Subway for dinner so I will try to go there. The weather really stinks right now. We had such high winds and some sleet and snow last night. Its sooooo cold outside!!!

Yes, influenza can cause you to "V" I, personally, think it depends on whether you are eady to "V" or not. When all three of my children had it a couple years ago, my son did "V" with it. However, it was just a little bit and it was only one time. He is more prone to "V" when he is sick anyway, whether it be a cold, ect .........

That Tamiflu stuff is really nasty, according to my oldest daughter!! She would gag when she had to take it.

I hope she gets to feeling better real soon!!

SO many people think that the flu is the stomach virus. UGH!